Anyone have any luck driving a Korg SQ-1 via USB midi clock from Cubase ?
I think I got it to work once briefly but now can’t for the life of me figure out why and when it worked !
So this is what I’m doing…
- I’ve installed the Korg USB midi driver and setup the appropriate SQ1 device as the Korg docs explain
- Under project sync setup in Cubase I’ see either “SQ1 control” and “SQ1 MIDI out” (I’ve tried sending to both and either)
- I’ve followed the SQ power up routine as this guy… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGoTWZqI1DI
has done to sync the SQ1 successfully with Ableton.
- I’m sending gate and CV outs from the sq1 by the way. I understand that the sq can’t receive USB midi and send MIDI (well I think that’s the case).
- I’ve also tried to use the SQ1 as a MIDI to cv controller to by choosing it as the output device on a midi instrument channel - no dice here either.
- I don’t really want to drive it with an audio signal as a trigger because I don’t have enough spare audio outs from my interface and anyway I think its an inelegant solution as I’d like to have start and stop functionality
- I’m not using a USB hub. I’m managing to send midi clock to two other devices successfully.
Any help much appreciated, I can find surprisingly little on this subject and I’d love to get it to work. The SQ is a joy to work with otherwise, but I think I must be missing something obvious