labelling lanes

hi i dont see a function to re-name or label lanes. because i have a midi drum track which ive dissolved to lanes but i cant rename them. any advice?

It’s not possible to rename lanes.

then someone should make it possible its a simple feature and a useful tool to have coz if your like me and you have midi information and dissolve it into individual kit pieces it would be easier if they could be labelled. honestly this is an easy update for the cubase team.

A suggestion:
Don’t dissolve it into lanes.
Dissolve it into tracks (which can be renamed) and place them in a folder track.

+1

Use MIDI Part names as labels…?

if you disolve into tracks you get repepat instances of the vst instrument your using taking up the ram and cpu speed. the whole point of lanes is so it doesnt do that and you can have repeat takes. what if you want to label those takes or dissolve them into snare hi hat etc etc. it just makes it an eye soar.

You’re handling drums the wrong way. Rethink your strategy as it’s quicker than waiting for 5 years for programmers to work out what, if anything, is needed.
When I get to a point like this I usually write down a few key searchwords and go through the manual to see if I have missed anything handy or find a function description that I maybe misunderstood.

i dissolved them because i need to edit the velocities of each kit easier. rather than them being clumped together. coz you end up changing a different kit piece.

press F11 and use midi instead of an instrument track and when you dissolve the part you’ll just generate extra midi tracks…

however, i too would like to be able to label lanes i like to use separate lanes for cc automation. at the moment i use lanes and rename the midi part.

press F11 and use midi instead of an instrument track and when you dissolve the part you’ll just generate extra midi tracks…

however, i too would like to be able to label lanes i like to use separate lanes for cc automation. at the moment i use lanes and rename the midi part.[/quote]
the way i have it setup is im using bfd2 with all the inputs and outputs activated into different channels routed to one midi channel.

the way i have it setup is im using bfd2 with all the inputs and outputs activated into different channels routed to one midi channel.[/quote]

if that’s the case you shouldn’t get multiple instances of you vsti when you dissolve your midi to parts. you should have multiple midi events that point to one vsti…

if that’s the case you shouldn’t get multiple instances of you vsti when you dissolve your midi to parts. you should have multiple midi events that point to one vsti…[/quote]
yeh i do get that but i cant do it into tracks because it will create multiple instances. if i do it to lanes i get loads of lanes but i cant see clearly which is which, without a label. which brings me onto another point labelling the keyboard buttons having the kit pieces rather than notes. or the option to have both.

Don’t use instrument tracks for a multitimbral synth, use the Instrument rack and point the MIDI tracks to it.

The drum editor can do that!

how do you do this in drum editor?

At the risk of sounding unhelpful, you should read the manual.
This is not an advanced subject and is fairly easy to find in the manual.

Open the manual and search for the words “instrument tracks”, “midi tracks” and “drum maps”. :wink: