LABS Percussion free samples Perc Map

Dear fellow Doricians,
Today Spitfire released a free instrument in their LABS series, Percussion. I thought it could be fine to provide a percussion map and a file with a kit already set — you can change the noteheads as you wish, what matters is that everything works as expected.

[Edit]: Playback templates added : LABS Percussion + HSO (default library), LABS Percussion + NotePerformer (for those who own NotePerformer), and LABS Percussion + Pianoteq + NotePerformer (for those who own Pianoteq and NotePerformer).
Hope it helps!
LABS Percussion.doricolib.zip (2.4 KB) LABS Percussion.dorico (462.3 KB)

LABS Percussion + HSO.dorico_pt.zip (5.9 KB) LABS Percussion + NotePerformer.dorico_pt.zip (5.9 KB) LABS Percussion + Pianoteq + NotePerformer.dorico_pt.zip (14.6 KB)

4 Likes

Thank You Marc!

Super ! Thanks :+1::smiley:

This is terrific. Thank you, Marc!
Stew

Thank you Marc!

Looks great Marc, except I think you are missing the high and low Agogo in the percussion map (G4, G#4). At least that’s how it opened for me.

Thanks Fred. I know I put them there, but then I had a strange crash and maybe the last version was not the one posted… I’ll have a look at it and correct it!
Edit: Fred, you were right, I actually forgot to add the agogos in the Percussion map (it’s almost the same as Drums GM, with different names and… agogos).
Now it’s up to date.

1 Like

Works great now, thanks for doing this! Here’s your file with a little Maracatu loop to show off the Agogô.
Maracatu.dorico (497.9 KB)

2 Likes

Nice! But needs more Gonguê https://images.app.goo.gl/AJUVZEfjUgDypyJa9

Do you have any connections at Spitfire? Get them to add it, LOL! It’s been well over a decade but I recorded a maracatu titled Moragatu (a pun by composer Gary Morgan) that featured some of the more traditional instruments too. There were a lot of different Brazilian grooves on that session so the percussionists had piles of “pots and pans.” Can’t recall if there was a Gonguê though.

2 Likes