Hi there! I’m a big fan and longtime user of SLP, so it was awesome to see it integrated with Cubase. I have a few thoughts/requests for the new selection system and overall workflow of version 6.0:
- The “Harmonics Selection” tool becomes extremely laggy if I select anything beyond 2 seconds and 10 partials. Say I have a simple melody that goes for 5s and 20 partials… the program almost stops responding. I appreciate that you went for the Photoshop traced line selection style and, as a heavy Photoshop user, that’s pretty cool and useful, but it’s also killing performance. Please improve it or bring the previous selection method back, at least as an option until you have the new system fleshed out. I’ve tried switching DirectX to OpenGL, enabled the “prefer maximum performance” profile in the NVIDIA Control Panel (GTX 1070 8GB, Windows 10 Pro) but no luck, still very choppy and laggy.
- I can’t find the Tolerance and Maximum Width sliders for the “Frequency/Harmonics Selection” tools (mentioned on page 45 of the manual). On previous versions, I worked blazing fast by just clicking a frequency and having SLP select it for me. The new method is cool but could we have both options?
- Is it possible to have the “Selection Brush” and “Rectangular” tools to also select partials? (similar to RX) It would be amazing to freely sculpt a selection and have it reflected on other partials. I find very counterproductive and tedious to clean each partial at a time.
- Please add a keyboard shortcut for Frequency AND Harmonics. While at it, why not have shortcuts for every single tool? The current “click and hold” approach kills me.
- It would be fantastic if we could right-click a selection and have the option to copy/cut to a new layer or existing one (drop-down list).
- “Load/Save Selection” options are gone when I close a project.
All of the above is relevant to both standalone and ARA2 versions. There may be a few other things but that’s what really gets on my way while working. It’s worth noting that I did not have a single crash with the new version, so that’s great.
Thanks and all the best!