Lags in the Cubase interface

Hello, I installed the latest update for Windows, which fixed the glitch in the interface.

Now this problem has arisen. When you work in the program an hour later, the plugins start opening like this. With such a scale, I can’t press the buttons on them, they become inactive. Plus, when you try to expand the menu in “Insert,” what appears there is not at all what you need. Also, in an insert, it is not possible to copy and move a plugin to another insert.

I will be glad to your help

Thank you

Hi @TaniaS

Sorry about your issue. We will need more info from you to be able to report this issue into our system. To me this could be eventually related to HiDPI

• What are the resolution and the scaling factor configured in Windows for this screen? You can find those in the “Display Settings” of your OS
  • Is this happening to every plugins, including ours?
  • Are you using a recent version of those plugins? If no, make sure to update to the latest one first and see if this still happens

Regarding the second bug with the inserts menu. So if I get this right several options are missing when clicking here. To me it seems that it could be the interface thinks you’re right-clicking on Routing and not Inserts indeed. Could you. Btw, are you clicking that fast on the menu or it’s flickering like this?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Armand

Hello
Thanks for your reply.

1. The fact is that the program works stably for the first 40 minutes - an hour. Then things like this appear.

2. Native plugins from Cubase begin to display incorrectly as well. I can’t press the right buttons on them. Let’s say I need a threshold, I point the mouse at it, and instead of the threshold the gain turns. Some plugins just start flickering.

3. Regarding updating plugins - everything is up to date.

4. Regarding inserts (this is just an example). Standardly, when you right-click on an insert, a menu appears that offers work with the chain (copy, paste, save, etc.), but at some point, when I right-click on an insert, instead of that menu, a menu drops out. completely from a different category.

Also regarding inserts. When, for example, I want to copy a plugin from one insert to another, or simply move it from channel to channel, this function simply stops working for me, the program does not respond to this action and the mouse is displayed with a prohibited icon

Hi @TaniaS

This is a very strange issue, also the fact that it appears after several minutes. So to me it feels like there’s a rescaling issue and that can be related to outdated GPU drivers too or Windows itself but we should investigate. Basically you think you’re clicking somewhere but the GUI is being offset / rescaled so you’re clicking somewhere else.

So once again a few more questions:

• What are the resolution and the scaling factor configured in Windows for this screen? You can find those in the “Display Settings” of your OS? How many screens do you have? Do they all have the same resolution?
  • Can you think of anything you might be doing unconsciously around the 40 minute landmark that might somehow disrupt the behavior of the app. Like exporting, changing to another application, maybe disconnecting something, having a break and coming back to Cubase. I doubt that this just happens randomly after 40 minutes, there should be a trigger somewhere.
  • Have you made sure your GPU drivers and Windows are also up-to-date?

Sorry for all the questions but we need to rule out everything and gather more information before being able to investigate. We are using Cubase hours per day on several computers and as long as we are not able to reproduce this in-house we won’t be able to address this issue.

Thank you so much for your help again!

Cheers,
Armand