LAME uninstall

Hello,

I had an old version of LAME encoder and decided to install the latest pre-compiled version 3.99.5 from http://www.thalictrum.com/en/products/lame.html. In the render window in Wavelab it still appeared as v.3.98. I uninstalled everything using the provided uninstaller that deletes the following files:

/usr/local/bin/lame
/usr/local/include/lame.h
/usr/local/lib/libmp3lame.0.0.0.dylib
/usr/local/lib/libmp3lame.0.dylib
/usr/local/lib/libmp3lame.a
/usr/local/lib/libmp3lame.dylib
/usr/local/man/man1/lame.1
/usr/local/share/doc/lame/html/basic.html
/usr/local/share/doc/lame/html/contributors.html
/usr/local/share/doc/lame/html/examples.html
/usr/local/share/doc/lame/html/history.html
/usr/local/share/doc/lame/html/id3.html
/usr/local/share/doc/lame/html/index.html
/usr/local/share/doc/lame/html/lame.css
/usr/local/share/doc/lame/html/modes.html
/usr/local/share/doc/lame/html/node6.html
/usr/local/share/doc/lame/html/presets.html
/usr/local/share/doc/lame/html/switchs.html

as well as deleting everything LAME left (as well as Wavelab cache folder) from the Finder (Macintosh HD → system files → are included) but it still appears in the Wavelab mp3 encoding options together with Fraunhofer. Is there any special Wavelab related file I should delete (or any other system file I missed)?

I use Mac OS 10.7.4

Lame is installed inside the WaveLab.app bundle. This is where you have to look.

Thanks,

I deleted it from the Wavelab Contents /System folder and now I get a LAME option that does not include a version number. I guess Wavelab finds the general LAME codec from the Mac system right? Or do I need to install the latest libmp3lame.dylib in the contents /system again?

WaveLab looks in priority in the bundle, then in some other places. To be sure, put it in the WaveLab bundle.