Lanes & Auto X fades ?

Hello,

I use Reaper most of the time and wanted to know if it’s possible to get the lanes to work like in Reaper & the Auto X fade option ?

I’d like to be able to hear multiple takes at one like in Reaper, not just the last take, in Reaper this is easy, but I can’t seem to get it work in Cubase.

Also I’d like to have auto x fades always work. I know there is a project or global option, but you can’t visualise the fades this way, is there another easy option instead using the X key each time ?

thanks,

Hans

No one has an idea on how to setup Cubase so it does X fades automaticly like in Reaper, Samplitude or Sonar ?

thanks,

Hans

Hi,

You can always hear one lane only. It could be any of the lanes, you have (not the last one only). To choose, which lane do you want to hear, use the Comp tool. See this video from 12 minute, please.

Yes, there is no visualise of automatic cross-fade.

Hey thanks Martin, I’ll check that video now.

That’s a bummer on the auto x fades visualization, because that’s a real cool feature I use a lot in Reaper. May I know why this isn’t a feature in such a popular sequencer like Cubase ?

cheers,

Hans

It does the X fade automatically, there is not just a visual feedback. In the Inspector, click to the Auto Fades Settings. On the right-side of the window, enable Auto Crossfades, and set the length. Click OK. Message inform you, this settings will be applied of the whole project. Click Continue. Done.

Hi Martin, I saw that but it’s limited to 500ms and that fact that you don’t have any visual help on this doesn’t make it very usefull for me, well I’ll try to work with it this way, but I really don’t understand why this isn’t a feature in Cubase :slight_smile:

thanks,

Hans

I just looked at the video, I see that the use of lanes is a little different from I used to use in Reaper, i think I’ll be able to work with this anyway, do you know if au fades take a lot of CPU in Cubase ?

thanks again for the help, much appreciated!

Hans

Yes, you are right, there is the limit of 500ms.

The visual feedback doesn’t make much sense to me. The crossfade is to short (up to 500ms), so it’s not visible at all in almost all cases (zoom level).

To be honest, I don’t know. But I wouldn’t expect it. And even from my experience, I haven’t registered it during my work anytime.

Yes you’re right, but it would have been great to have files do x fades automaticly without having to type the X button each time, but I guess that’s how I’m used to it, but quite a lot of software out there do it this way so …

cheers,

Hans