Large load of the performance indicator with a good PC configuration.

I dreamed of buying Cubase all my youth…But now I read carefully the reviews of commercial license holders…And I am horrified by the negativity of working in this DAW.Many license holders are shocked by the behavior of the sequencer in projects.Large performance overload of the Asio driver.Which leads to instability of operation of the sequencer …Hangs …System crash not working correctly with saving projects…I’m at a loss what choice to make!

Do not be fooled!
Here in the forum you will find only a part of the users and like in the news you will find here rather only the problems, less the good things!
That’s what the forum is there for in the first place.

I have been using Cubase for the PC since version 1.01, in the early 90s.
Admittedly, only in the last years really intensively with all its functionality.
Meanwhile it’s an impressive DAW with very intelligent functions and great VST synths.
For me, the performance of Cubase Pro 10.5.20 with the old audio interface UR22 is extremely satisfying even on my PC, which is now 6 years old.

You can research as much as you want, there are ALWAYS negative aspects to EVERYTHING!
I don’t know of any software or system where there are no bugs or where a certain interaction of hard- or software can cause problems.

In the end, it usually requires some help with the configuration to get the whole system running properly.
And you can find many of these useful aids and experiences HERE!

Stay at home, and barricade your doors and windows, so you don ˋt hear anything other people say, so you don ´t need to be horrified by something some people say. Obviously not everything some people say is the truth for everyone.
There is a trial version available for Cubase - download ist and try it yourself, for your specific computer. - that simple.

I’m just in love with this sequencer…It’s really made for great music…There is a question why when dragging MIDI files (scores),several tracks are created ,including those with exclusive messages.It doesn’t immediately take the cursor’s place.I didn’t find how to disable this action in the General settings.I would appreciate your help!Why is the performance indicator loaded so much during project playback?

Hi George,
?
i’m a little confused now…
You wrote at top, you “…dreamed to buy Cubase…” and now you wrote, that you’re “in love” with it…
You use already Cubase - but you havn’t bought it?
Maybe I have misunderstood this.
Ok - However, I agree with you that Cubase is great for music at all!

When you import MIDI, it will arranged in the project, as the configuration in “Program settings>MIDI>MIDI Files” is set.
Here you can config the Halion or MIDI-Tracks and more for the handling of MIDI-DATA.

I work with him on someone else’s equipment…But I now have my own workshop (children helped me find this amazing virtual world) A productive PC.Two Tascam US20X20 interfaces(switched by optics,for expanding physical inputs and outputs) I use external equipment,timbre modules,processors,digital piano,4 monitors(video) ,two pairs of monitors for monitoring monitoring via the controller.The home system has Cakewalk Sonar(the latest release is a license).But I’m just drawn to Cubase by magic and mystery.I’m trying to win him over as a woman!

I’m in Cubase with my close friend recorded as a sample of jazz Nocturne.And we came to a conclusion…that it is worth it to purchase it for the future.

Indeed. There are numerous long term issues - some of which are out of steinberg’s control, I’ll grant - which have overall eroded confidence in this product, at current generation anyway.

My own personal challenges were in how steinberg is not forthcoming about many of these issues, and relies on brand managers and social media users who will gladly throw themselves in front of the anger of other users experiencing problems when they post here.

It took me months to glean the truth of cubase 10.xx ASIO internal overload issue, which turned out to be an issue of hyperthreading(virtual cores, scheduling) that affects certain hardware profiles on windows or Mac and cause the ASIO spikes, pops, clicks, people complain about. In many cases, simply disabling hyperthreading via your BIOS erases the issue, but if you read steinberg’s communications on the subject or you reach out on this forum, the matter is unclear and various pro-brand accounts will blame everything else under the sun before suggesting the HT issue.

Have I stopped using cubase? Of course not, as I am a nearly 20 year user, and this is my instrument by now. For me, disabling HT in BIOS solved 100% of my issues in this environment. I have produced and played live in cubase + full NI software for 1000s of hours now without a problem. No crashes. No glitches. No overloads. Works like a dream. Am I angry about steinberg’s dishonesty? Yes I am, and this is my main critique of the company and products right now.

Hmm, now that I have read this post from “Milkman76”, I had to write something about it…

I also have a stable Cubase since I DISABLED HyperThreading.
(Crashes in VST Connect don’t count here!)

But the uncertainty about whether disabling HT is right or not, I don’t see!
Steinberg has a link on the support page to a collection of configuration tips for Cubase on Windows that clearly recommend disabling HyperThreading.
And since I followed these tips, Cubase Pro 10.5.20 runs stable on my system without any problems, dropouts or other interruptions.
But it is of course equally clear that this setting cannot apply generally to all Windows systems, sometimes not even to similar ones!

You just have to try it!

Well, when I load a high number of VST instruments, small dropouts occur.
But this is also a particularly high load.
And I have all the Steinberg content, i.e. all VST soundsets, on the C: system drive, an SSD “drive”.

The processor is an i7 4960X with 3.6GHz, but my RAM is also 32GB, which is also a good requirement.

I really like communicating with you…I from Russia feel that you are a competent and friendly person.The choice of Cubase is obvious to me…Since I don’t see any alternatives for the Windows platform today…In terms of Mac, this is a very expensive product and is not a panacea for solving all the creative and acoustic problems .Its 100% stability is rather a myth presented by a large marketing company in the music environment around the world.

Strange!Does the trial version also need a USB license?You don’t have this information?

The trial version of either Artist or Pro needs a USB Licenser, yes. It states that on the pages. The trial of the Elements version does not.

Hello George,

You can also download a trial version of Cubase Elements 10.5 from the Steinberg homepage. (Under Products > Software > click the link “Try Steinberg Software now for 30 days” at the bottom of the page)
This version only requires an eLicenser and a 30-day license that will be stored on your hard disk.

You can see the differences clearly in a list on the “Cubase Site”.
Good to test Cubase intensively, i.e. recording and editing audio tracks, MIDi tracks and even some software synths.
For getting to know Cubase, this version is certainly sufficient.
Of course some special editing tools are missing, but you can work with Elements quite well (I did it for years, then I gradually upgraded to a higher version).

Often Steinberg has great offers and then you can sometimes update your version for half the normal price. (No, I don’t belong to Steinberg to do advertising :slight_smile: