Large time signature positioning

Hello,

I find no automatic way to position large time signature other than distance relative to staff.

I don’t know if any change is planned in this area or not but it’s not going to be possible to use that this way for me. Distance from frame top would be ideal…
I see that I can reposition them one by one in Engrave mode but well, too many of them I’m afraid…

Best
Yan

This isn’t an automated solution, I’m afraid, but if you set the default gap to something higher then that should get at least the majority of them vertically aligned.

Then you can select one, Select More, deselect the ones that are already higher and then move them upwards en masse, if that’s what you want. Definitely quicker than doing them one at a time.

May-01-2021 13-45-03

yup !
Thanks…

Best
Yan

I have the same request. The quickest way is to make room for the time sig. (if possiboe) by moving the elements preceding or following the barline a bit. Then the time sig. will pop down at some point.

You can also try to find an appropriate size of gaps before and after the barlines in Engraving Options/Barlines.