Last TOOLS for MR version 1.7.9 for macOS released

Back again …

Please Ed, Stefan and the team … just a few lines of code to help keep all the 816’s on Mac lit up with 64 bit drivers!

I know you want to sell lots of AXR’s ( and I’d love one … ) but it doesn’t help you to force the 816 contingent out the door! I mean chances are if an 816 user felt like upgrading to an AXR they’d want to use the 816 for extra inputs… stands to reason. But if there’s no viable 64 bit driver to at least configure the thing they can’t.

Not mention the fact that selling an 816 might get someone well on the way to an AXR … but that becomes a tough job if buyers feel they can’t use the 816!

Firewire as a protocol will stick around for decades by virtue of being wrapped up in Thunderbolt / USB C so no issue there.

BY NOT continuing driver support SB/Yamaha are shooting themselves in the foot. Keeping products useful is the best way to build an ecosystem that users can expand upon … and they will keep coming back for your new gear. Killing off earlier products just ends up killing the newer stuff too.

Come on … its just a matter of Will… decisions can be changed.

1 Like