LATENCY ISSUES all buffer sizes

Is anyone having latency issues via midi keyboards at all buffer sizes?

I reopened Cubase 10.5 and I have no issues but on 11 its very noticeable

anyone overcome this?

thx

Exactly the same by me …

Some plugs that might report a corrected delay?
Turn off “Constraint Delay Compensation” ?

There is another thread about Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Gen 1, but it was working fine under 10.5 with very low latency but now my roundtrip latency (offset recording a click with a microphone against the speaker) is 150 ms, which is a full 16th note at 100 bpm.

Delay Compensation is off , My system is strong enough that Ive never had to use it , ever
but noticed when its on ,cubase 11, latency is good , and this is with only 1 plugin inst in the session,
ill see what bug results more testing will bring

I never had that issue with previous versions

Hi,
I also have a problem with the latency in C11, it is stuck at 1024 !!!
impossible to record live !!! everything is ok with C10.5
and, like you HOUSEMUSIC, I have never had this kind of problem in previous versions !

Just today I installed CB11 and the first thing I’ve noticed is some latency with my midi keyboard, much less tight than 10.5.10. Also the velocity sensitivity feels different as if I have to hit stronger to get a note. I’m using M-audio Code 49 KB, never had problems before this update.

I noticed this when plugins are present on masterbus…
(Linear phase plugins)

-if this is the case, constrain the delay compensation and reactivate after recording…

1 Like

If you never had to use it, then thatˋs not because you system is strong enough, but because you never used plugins with a high plugin delay in the monitoring path.

So then now this one plugin has a high plugin delay. Not a bug at all

see above

problem solved for me ,

i forgot to check in “properties”, “run as administrator” !!! :wink:

I was experiencing the exact same problem, and you just solved it for me. I have a template in which I have a plugins stack in the master bus (all disabled), and the MIDI/audio latency was massive. I opened a new, empty track (nothing on the master bus) and the problem went away.

1 Like

I’ve traced the problem to the Imager plug-in.