Hi it’s been a while since DAWBench published the UR28m minimum latency: 10.4ms (64 samples) RTL tested with driver v1.1.1.

Has this improved with the latest drivers?
Will the UR series get a 32 sample setting or is this a USB limit?
The MR816 acheives half that latency at 32 samples.


So far, 64 Samples @44.1 or 48 kHz is still the minimum setting. I haven’t heard of any plans to further reduce this.

Thanks for the quick response.

I wonder if the MR816 ADAT->RME PCI/E latency solution will work as well on the UR824.

Then best of both worlds.

Lots of users use the MR or UR as converters with a different interface. That is always an option.

I’m enjoying the ur824 … I have tested it now on a older MacBook pro with dual core and 4gb of ram… The buffer will go to 32 on the mac running audio only but running on my Asus win i7 16gb it goes to 64 but I can’t run it that low due to realtime asio peaks and problems with the static pops… I am using Cubase 7.0.2 on both systems. I really hope Cubase improves their vsti performance abilities as I have had to use Ableton live beta 8 to run the vsti’s … Ableton can handle a 64 bit sample setting and running intense orchestra vsti’s such as halion orchestra and Vienna without any hiccups. Cubase just has choked way to many times at this point for me to use it for live vsti reliability, so I am using Cubase 7 and the ur824 to record the audio but I use Ableton to handle the multiple instances of vsti’s.

P.S. sorry if this response of mine may be a bit off topic…but I thought it would be good to share my asio experiences and latencies using Cubase and the ur824. By the way…Ableton works great with the ur824 and a low latency of 64 buffer. I do use a Tascaam US1800 on the Ableton
while using the ur824 with Cubase.

It was supposed to be greatly improved from 1.11 on, your chart is using the original 1.01 drivers.

I have discovered the problem with Cubase and its ability to handle VSTi’s at low latency buffer of 128 and the UR824 was the way I had Halion 4.5.3 being used. Whenever I enabled the multicore processor feature within Halion the problem went away. Though the funny thing to me is that it recommends not doing this as my host Cubase is already using multicore processor, nevertheless this fixed all of my issues and it flows great now with no problems of ASIO overloads.