LE5 on Windows 10

Hi.

Has anyone trialled Cubase LE5 on WIndows 10?

Steinberg does not officially support Le5 any more and the announcement from the compatibility tests

https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/product-compatibility-info-regarding-microsoft-windows-10.html

does not contain the LE5 so I guess its up to us - the users.

With the tests showing the latest versions of the Cubase not compatible and Windows 10 inevitable, it creates a bit of a tricky situation. I wont purchase a newer version of Cubase until the problems are sorted, i wont upgrade Windows until I know my DAW will work (yet W8 has issues) and I dont know if LE5 works.

I also find it a little disappointing that support has been officially removed from a product that i only purchased (with a DAW) 2.5 years ago. Although there has been several newer versions the release of LE5 is only 5 or 6 years old. My guitar is 50 years old and Yamaha still offer some support with that.

This from Microsofty states the Cubase LE Version 5.1 worked for 3 out of 4 people. i think i will try it as there is a month to go back to Windows 8 if I’m unhappy with it. Im actually not that happy with 8 but it works with my old Cubase. When i do i will post here my result.

it worked but I bought Elements 8 and it is better than LE5