Leave off-line plugin window open (do NOT auto-close after processing)
continue to have control over timeline/selection
I like to denoise offline in many situations simply because my source clips are too numerous to simply setup one denoiser per track. And i’d rather not automate it. Here’s what I currently have to do in Nuendo:
1. I select a region to capture noise.
2. I open up iZotope RX, select “learn”, hit play.
3. Save as preset.
4. Close plugin
5. Select the region to be denoised.
6. Open iZotope RX again
7. Load the preset.
8. Apply the process and window closes.
If I now want to do it again to a new region with a different noise profile I have to repeat ALL 8 steps!!!
In Pro Tools here’s what would happen:
1. Open iZotope RX (audiosuite).
2. Select area that has noise profile.
3. Select “learn”, hit play.
4. Select the region to be denoised and hit denoise.
Done. And since the window remains open I can move on to the next region without going back to step one. So instead of 8 steps I’m down to 3. I don’t see how this can be a difficult change to make in the software. For me the difference is HUGE.