Led Dimmer Feature/Bug?

I installed the latest update to the CMC series of which I have 4, and the new LED dimmer function is awesome since I work in a dark studio most of the time.

Unfortunately the function is only working on the channel unit and not the 3 others i own namely the transport, pad, and quick controls. Any help on this?

Thanks!

Did you update the firmware of the three devices?

I believe I did. I just installed the firmware update, but don’t see how to update each controller individually. Maybe I have to do each one separate? I’ll try again, thanks for the reply.

Yes, you need to update them separately, otherwise it doesn’t work.

hmm… I don’t see a way to update them individually. It’s just one installer.

My apologies to all for not reading the PDF that came with the firmware update.

Yes, it clearly states you have to update them one at a time. They have to be plugged into a USB port on the computer and not a hub also.

I successfully updated mine today and have to say the mood lighting from the CMC’s I have is awesome. I love these things.

Good job Steinberg!

lol, there is a PDF? I didn’t see one. Anyhow, thanks for the info on how to do it. I still don’t know if I’ll hook them back up. Functionality vs annoyance factor is still heavily weighted to the annoyance side.

Hi,

there is a PDF?

If you dowlnload the CMC Firmware updater V110 you will find three files in the zip file:

CMC_FirmwareUpdater
ReleaseNotes.pdf.
UpdateGuide.pdf

The update guide describes in detail how to update your CMC unit with the new firmware so you will be able to use the LED dimmer function.

Best regards,
Stefan Schreiber