Legacy nuendo features missing ( workflow impact ) ?! new features request

I’ve compiled a list of requests regarding the re-implementation of features that were cut out from Nuendo 8 up, and a list of future features request. Keep in mind that some of the issues I have with this features, might have some sort of solution that I’m not aware of, and for that, I’ll appreciate any kind of help.**

• CLOSE FADE DIALOGUE BOX AUTOMATICALLY WHEN HITTING “APPLY “. Don’t know how this feature was cut out since it existed from Nuendo’s very first inception. Editing anything for Post took a toll, even if a small one, on my workflow.

• CROSSFADE EDITOR BACKGROUND COLOR OPTION. Option to match the edit/editor windows background color to the crossfade background window. If my edit workspace is light grey for ex, I would like to match that color to the crossfade editor, like we do with the editors. Keep in mind, this feature was there for years and years.

• BRING BACK TRANSPARENT EVENTS ON ITS PROPER FORM. Found myself having to work, yet again, on a lighter edit window background. Since Nuendo 6, I’ve changed my visual workflow on the edit window to a darker one, because the way Steinberg implemented the option to still have colored waveforms that match the track color on a darker background, was done by having a “grayish” event box color behind the waveform, thus, not compromising a lack of distinction between a dark blue waveform, for ex, and the edit window dark background. That was the perfect visual workflow for me, everything just pops, and for audio post that was visual accuracy heaven. Just implement a “-5 to 0 to +5” on the events opacity slider on Preferences, just an ex. Am I nitpicking ? Maybe, but then again, THIS FEATURE WAS THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE FOR YEARS AND YEARS.

FUTURE FEATURE REQUESTS:

• OPTION TO SAVE SYSTEM LEVEL SETTINGS WITHIN TEMPLATES. For example, one template for editing and one for recording, allowing to save Asio Guard on/off accordingly ( couldn’t find a key command to turn Asio Guard on/off).
    Again, on system level, allow to save the STUDIO settings/connections on Templates, and don’t get me started on PROFILES, its not reliable, neither are the settings we make on the studio connections while upgrading from Nuendo X to Nuendo XX, please fix all those Preferences “Backups”.
    SAVE TEMPLATES WITHOUT MEDIA. This one is a classic!!!

• NAMING CUE SENDS ON THE MIX CONSOLE. Well, this one is self explanatory, I would appreciate naming my Talents/Monitoring on the mix console/hardware controller, instead of having “Cue 1”, “Cue 2”, etc…
    Can we name our cue mixes: PHONES 1, PHONES 2, Steinberg?! ( just an ex)

NOW FOR A LITTLE, BUT JUSTIFIED, IN MY OPINION, RANT!

Been a professional Steinberg customer since Nuendo 2, plus rme clocks, plus rme syncstations, plus rme ad/da converters, in fact, that was a Steinberg bundle back in the days, hence my rme reference.

Till Nuendo 8, I didn’t really had any kind of conflict between the new features and the old ones as new Nuendo versions were being released. Things changed from N8 to N10, where, while new features were being implemented and welcome’d, some workflow features became more cumbersome, THIS DID NOT HAPPENED DURING N2 TO N8, that boggles my mind, CUBASE/NUENDO CROSS DEVELOPMENT HAPPENING ON THAT PERIOD TIME, COINCIDENCE? I don’t think so.

I would appreciate, and if some of the issues I have aren’t justified, any kind of workaround/solution.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello Miguel
Your list of missing feature and requests are truly legit.
I can only support them. Nuendo has undergone many changes since N1.5, my first version. Dropping those mentioned features was not a smart move, along with the still eye-straining
gray on gray labeling of many buttons.
Bring back:

• CLOSE FADE DIALOGUE BOX AUTOMATICALLY WHEN HITTING “APPLY “.
  • CROSSFADE EDITOR BACKGROUND COLOR OPTION.
  • BRING BACK TRANSPARENT EVENTS ON ITS PROPER FORM
    and implement
  • OPTION TO SAVE SYSTEM LEVEL SETTINGS WITHIN TEMPLATES
  • NAMING CUE SENDS ON THE MIX CONSOLE.

Servus, Big K

Cue sends 2

• NAMING CUE SENDS ON THE MIX CONSOLE.

greetings Michael

1 Like

And while we’re at it…this change has really screwed up my workflow. I’m still using my keycommand however, hoping the functionality comes back again…someday :frowning:

Used to be in previous versions of Neundo, when you reset the search filters, the cursor appeared in the search box ready for you to type text in. This made for a really fast workflow when dropping in SFX as I could assign this to a key command and immediately type the new sound I was looking for. The new behavior since Nuendo 10 is that the cursor does NOT appear in the search box, causing you to reach for the mouse and click again. Can we get the old behavior back? Or can someone explain to me why the new way is better?

You’re absolutely correct. Im so used to make a monitor mix via Hardware that I completely missed this change in behaviour on the mix console, for my understanding, its a recent change correct?
So, my issue still stands, but this time around with the Eucon implementation of some translated info missing from the Daw to Hardware. Im on an S3 but I think that the Nuage still doesn’t translate the cue mix name changing from the Daw.
One issue solved, well, moved to the Eucon thread.

Thanks!!!