Let's take a step back for a moment...

Excellent post, Steve! :smiley:

The first ‘mechanic sequencer’ I ever used was an old YELLO LP. The start- and endpoint of the desired rhythm loop on that record was “defined” by two Scotch tapes, so the needle of my record player would jump between them. The resulting click noises were “disguised” by an arpeggio sound coming from my Roland SH-101 on a second track. I loved it!!!

@filterfreak: therefore a tascam portostudio 4 track can be a great tool as long as one is able to find creative ways of “phonetic organization”…

For me the greatest achievement is the enormous increase of reliability and performance that comes with Cubase 6, Windows 7, 64 bit technology and a new efficient processor generation. This wonderful marriage has indeed multiplied the fun.

There’s a million ways of manipulating digital phonetic information, and I suppose, there are probably a million different work methods with Cubase out here. Some of us will make regular use of special plug-ins such as Loopmash and others may never have waisted a single minute with it. The same applies to certain methods of optimizing the individual workflow. So in my eyes there’s nothing wrong with asking for ‘improvements’ or new features here. People just want to have things that fit their needs, and if there is one single groundbreaking suggestion that will be realized in an upcoming version, lots of customers may benefit from that.

So in my eyes there’s nothing wrong with asking for ‘improvements’ or new features here

Nothing wrong at all… if it just stopped at asking.

A million ways to do pretty much anything. And a thousand posts demanding a button-push saver. :mrgreen:

The way to improve “workflow” is to study how the program actually works before suggesting “improvements”. Because the programmers can’t study how the three million (ok, ish. big number anyway) of us all work. Win ratio = 3000000 to 1. :mrgreen:

Oh that is so true! Those lazy folks over here rather prefer to ask in the forum than reading the manuals the Steinberg workmen have stitched so laborously together :bulb:

But they did! :confused: