Library Creator- create a Program for HSSE (not a layer)

Nice looking conga instrument

although it is a lot of switching i find the method very usefull for bugtracking.
using your own newly created interface from the HSSE/sonic 3 version allows me to detect glitches, errors and other niggles that the interface has, and that i wouldn’t detect within the non-restricted user-environment in Halion 6.
But ok, it’s an opinion on workflow so FWIW. :slight_smile:

kind regards,
R.

Very Nice and clean GUI.

The new Halion 6.1.0 update seems to address some of the workflow issues raised in this thread:

I know it might be late to add to this topic but I too was getting annoyed with Halion 6’s library creator which is exacty how I found it.
I made a relatively simple instrument and discovered that whilst making a library for it (which incidentally, you only need to to if you are going to share your work with other HSSE users) the software only outright check about 10 or so criteria that will deny your media bay from listing your instrument.
I get the whole… make and instrument… save it… export it as a layer… load it into HS and save it as a program… My error didnlt liw in any of that.

I decided to read the output file from a successful library build that didn’t actually contain the instrument in the media bay and found a warning… one of my pictures was too large… I changed it (needed to be 90 by 60 pixels) and on rerunning the build function… there it was… library and instrument… all working fine. I didn’t change anythng else… just the picture size.

I guess, this is just a heads up to what others here may have already alluded to… it’s the small thngs that will frustrate you here. The slightest imperfection will simply manifest in something failing in your output. Halion 6 is just incredibly fussy…!

As a general rule, I don’t make libraries as I use what I turn my samples into myself so just drag the vstpreset into a HS slot and use it that way.