Library Manager Not Moving All Content

When I open Library Manager it shows all of my content already on my removable drive. However, when I navigate to

\Library\Application Support\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound
or
\Library\Content\Steinberg\HALion\VST Sound

there are still VSTSound Files in those folders (there are also Alias files which I assume point to the removable drive) Why doesn’t Library Manager see these VSTSound Files for me to move? I did just upgrade Dorico to 4.3.20 which did include a content upgrade for the sounds. So maybe that is why. I can’t figure out how to move the sounds though since Library Manager doesn’t seem to even see them. Any help is appreciated.

Hard to know for sure, but I’d suspect that they were never registered with the Library Manager to begin with.

You can just take and move the .vstsound files to wherever you want them to live using your computer’s OS (Mac I’m guessing based on the unfamiliar path names). Once you have the content where you want it double+click on any .vstsound file. This will cause the Library Manager to open and register that file. The Library Manager will also register any other .vstsound files it finds in that folder and any sub-folders.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply! I did not know about double clicking the files. That sounds easy enough. I’ll give it a try when I get home tonight. Thanks again!

The Halion and Halion Sonic installers install several dependencies to your system drive, such as reusable Macro Page elements, noise samples and so on.

These .vstsound files will not appear in the Steinberg Library Manager and ideally should not be moved.

2 Likes

Is it okay to double click them where they are without moving them first to see what library manager does with them? If it causes Library Manager to detect them then maybe I can see if Library Manager itself offers the option to move them. Don’t want to mess something up though

There should be no issue with double clicking them. It will ask you what to do if it finds any unregistered libraries in that folder or sub-folders.

The Steinberg Library Manager knows these dependencies are there, but they wont be displayed.

1 Like

Double clicked them and it said “No action was performed! The corresponding VST Sounds are already registered.” So guess it was okay all along. Still feel better now though.