Licensing issue with 'Modules'

After about 1 minute the ‘Modules’ Window shows ‘License not available’
I upgraded from Elements to Pro, License Manager shows also ‘Trial’ version expired. So I have 2 lines in Lics Mgr, one for expired pro rial and one for existing Pro license …

Hi @Christian_Cvrcek,

can you please start the “Steinberg Activation Manager”, create a screenshot and post it here? If you don’t like that, please send me a PM. Then I will check what’s going on.

Thank you,
Michael.

Are you always online? Michael the bee. :slight_smile:
thanks for your help !!!
best regards Christian

Hi @Christian_Cvrcek,

is it better today? I guess not :frowning:
Okay, let’s see what the Activation Logs will tell us. Can you please locate the following folder …

Mac : /Users/YourUserName/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Activation Manager
Windows : C:\Users\MSpork\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Activation Manager

… then zip the folder and give it to me.

Meanwhile I try to contact some colleagues from of the license team. But it’s weekend …

See you,
Michael.

… there is also a function in the “Steinberg Activation Manager” directly. Click to the menu (upper, left corner) and select “Create Diagnostic Report”.

/Michael.

Hi Michael,
again thanks for your responsivness.
No, it is the same issue recently, I checked with 2 different projects.
attached the file from activation mgr.
1 file before trying out, the other file after ‘testing’ with the 2 projects. not sure this makes a difference in logs …

Steinberg-Activation-Manager-Diagnostics_20240323T164343.zip (508 KB)

Steinberg-Activation-Manager-Diagnostics_20240323T163039.zip (536 KB)

… thank you, @Christian_Cvrcek. We’ll analyse the logs.

The Trial license has been removed. That must help. Re-Start the “Steinberg Activation Manager”, update the licences with that control …

Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 19.37.34

… start VST Live now. It is back working?

/Michael.

Hi Michael,
not really working. Program starts, but now the '‘license not available’ pop up immediately.when I try the Module dialogue.
Any file to remove - or Registry key?
But: TAKE YOUR WEEKEND !!! Next week is good enough.
You are that fast in your actions - really appreciated!!

Dankeschön!

best reagards Christian

… hold on? Are we talking about the "VST Viewer"Module? You can load it, but after 1 minute the message about “License not available” appears? Ah, I understand it now. You need a license for the “VST Viewer”.

Visit that page and click to the “GET VST VIEWER”. Now login with your MySteinberg Account. Afterwards you should have a license in your account.

Better?
Michael.

1 Like

Hi Michael,
thanks for working on weekend - but take a rest sometimes. :slight_smile:
I had the Viewer software - or at least I think I have it.
(sorry - your system does not allow to send me another screenshot)
To me it looks like the licensce key for the update did not ‘release’ the VST Viewer.
I installed the most recent version of VST Live from Forum chats, I reinstalled the official 1.50., I reinstalled the viewer, I enterd the license key again …
nothing helps.
When I open the project the error message pops up now immedaitly (because it tries to open the pdf window).- see attachment.
I opened last week also a ticket, Ticket ID# 617447, but the way until you get it on the table officially takes time :-). But at least you have a reference to book your time.

best regards Christian
by the way: I can not find the page you sent me at top of this mail - neither german nor english Steinberg pages - can you send me the link please? (or is it a internal version?)
And: before I retired I was the guilty guy for software implementation in Europe of a 60.000 people pharmaceutical company. So I understand the djungle you walk through with my issues, and appreciate very much your responsivness.

best regards Christian

Hi,

you need a “VST Viewer” license to work with it. Your “Steinberg Activation Manager” should contain that entry

To get this free license - you need to click here, then login in with you MySteinberg Account.

… you cannot drag a screenshot (png, bmp, …) here? Strange.

See you,
Michael.

Sorry to bother you,
all time you read a message from me you need a coffee :_) or something else …but it says I can only drop one graphic per forum thread …your system pushes back
( We’re sorry, but your email message to [“incoming+00a0fd0ebed870b182418d6d8b147a93@steinberg.discoursemail.com”] (titled Re: [Steinberg Forums] [VST Live] Licensing issue with ‘Modules’) didn’t work.

Reason:

Sorry, new users can only put one embedded media item in a post.)

I have copied the page from Steinberg Download Manager with the VST Viewer version installed (1.60) and the error message from VST Live.(1.50)
either give me another e-mail adress or you open another thread - then I can send it …sorry
best regards Christian