List Editor Serious error

Deleting a program change in List Editor (Cubase Pro 13.0.40) causes a crash. Two different projects same result. Does anyone else get this?

Hi,

Does Cubase create a DMP file? It’s located in the Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps/ folder.

Could you attach them, please?

Yes it does Martin, here they are:
Cubase 13.0.40 64bit2024.6.5 14.17.29.552.dmp (1.3 MB)
Cubase 13.0.40 64bit2024.6.3 19.17.53.652.dmp (1.3 MB)

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

I cannot reproduce it here on my end.

What MIDI event is bellow the Program Change, you delete? What MIDI Event becomes selected after the deletion?

Do you have the Step Input enabled?

Thanks Martin, I don’t have step input enabled, the crash happened again just now after deleting the Program change and the next event was an SMF event 33. Here’s a screenshot and latest crash dump.

Cubase 13.0.40 64bit2024.6.5 18.23.12.580.dmp (1.2 MB)

Hi,

Thank you very much. I can see, you have the MIDI Input enabled from the Step Input Section.

It seems, it’s related to the SMF Event. I just tried to Insert one and then change the event position and Cubase crashed.

I will investigate more on this. Thank you for the screenshot, very helpful!

2 Likes

Hi,
Thanks for that very helpful insight I look forward to any further developments!

Thanks to you Martin I’ve had a moment of sudden, triumphant discovery, inspiration, and insight. I disabled the Midi Input in the Step Input Section and, though I don’t know why, I’ve had no more crashes when working in the List Editor.

1 Like

Hi,

Yes, from the DMP file, to eme it looks it’s somehow related to the Step Input.

2 Likes