List of mouse modifiers

Is there a list of mouse modifiers anywhere? i.e. mouse left click plus ALT to turn on/off inserts from the inspector?

Hi,

Unfortunately, I don’t know about the list. But sometimes, it’s written in the tooltips.

This has come up a few times in the past. I asked GN in another forum if he could provide a list. He said he would check into it and that has been several months.

A comprehensive list of all the key modifiers would really help myself.

For example using modifiers in the key editor is very helpful…but I didn’t know they existed until I saw this:

(Skip to 2:00 for key editor.)

Did you have a look to the Preferences > Editing > Tool Modifiers?

Here you can see the list of Tools, and for every single tool the Modifiers, and Actions. You can even change the Modifiers, here, and there are some in-assigned Actions, so you can modify it.

I’m looking specifically for modifiers associated with the mouse.

The mouse has to have any tool selected. Then the tool decides about the available modifiers.

Thanks Martin,

In preferences>editing>tool Modifiers>select tool I see by default only edit velocity, slip event, and split event.

Greg Ondo is doing a lot of double clicks to create midi events.

I guess it’s the double clicks that add a note but while holding the second click, and either using the mouse or a tool modifier that is adding to my confusion. Usually when using a tool modifier I’m editing a note that has been previously created. In the video, Greg is creating notes and modifying in one step.

• Double click = Insert a note; the length is equal to the Length Quantize.
  • Double click, keep the 2nd mouse down, and move left/right = Insert a note + adjust the length
  • Double click, keep the 2nd mouse down, and move left/right = Insert a note + adjust the length with the Snap on
  • Double click, keep the 2nd mouse down, move left/right with Ctrl/Cmd modifier = Insert a note + adjust the length with the Snap Off temporarily
  • Double click, keep the 2nd mouse down, move left/right with Shift modifier = Insert a note and move the Note Start afterwords
  • Double click, keep the 2nd mouse down, and move up/down = Insert a note + adjust the Velocity
  • Double click, keep the 2nd mouse down, move up/down with Alt modifier = Insert a note and change the pitch afterwords

Of course, you can do all “combinations” one by one:

• Double click, keep the 2nd mouse down, hold Shift + move left/right > Move the Note Start; release Shift + move up/down > set the Velocity; hold Alt and move up/down > change the Pitch; release Alt and hold Ctrl/Cmd + move left/right > change the length with Snap Off; release the mouse > the MIDI Note is inserted.

Thanks very much! Some of these improve my current workflow.