Locating user created patches made in Groove Agent ONE?

I’m wondering if there’s any way to copy the custom patches I create in GAO (ones I make with my own samples that I import in) so I can transport them on a flash drive to other workstations. I can’t seem to find the location where these are saved, and even then I don’t know if the files would contain any of the samples I loaded or if it’s just an XML file that uses samples from my media bay. Does anyone here do this, or is it even possible? Thanks!

Any way, concerning the save path, posting the used System / OS would have been a good Idea…

Oh yeah forgot about all that, I’m using Cubase 7 64bit in Windows 7x64.

Hi Kotsamanidis,

You can do this, there is a special file format/save option just for this purpose called a ‘Groove Agent One’ archive (or .GAK) which contains all necessary resources (i.e. and not just references as is the case with a normal GA1 preset file). This allows you to port your preset(s) to another machine (or just back up important preset files that you can’t afford to lose). Just refer to that old chestnut the ‘Cubase-7 Plugin Reference/manual PDF’ (Saving the Groove Agent ONE Setup, p.156) for full instructions on how to proceed!

Regards,

Kat :slight_smile:

Haha I really should have looked there first, it seems. :slight_smile: Thanks so much for the help!

No worries dude - glad I could help! :slight_smile: