location of X to close tab

In Wavelab 8, it seems that the X that can be clicked to close the tab of an audio file or montage has moved to the right side of the tab from the left where it was in Wavelab 7.

I think having it on the left side makes more sense because then it is always in the same place regardless of the size of the tab.

For instance, you can quickly and easily close 5 audio file tabs because when it’s on the left, the X never moves. When the X is on the right, the X is always moving when the tabs resize. It’s a slow down.

Is there a setting to make the X on the left? If not, would you consider changing it back?

Thanks.

No, is was the same in WaveLab 7, on the right side. This is also an “universal” location found in software that use tabs.

I disagree that Wavelab 8 is the same as Wavelab 7 in this regard.

I will attach 4 screen shots. One from edit view, and one from Montage view from both Wavelab 7 & 8.

In Wavelab 7, the x to close an audio file or montage is in the left of the tab. In Wavelab 8 the x to close an audio file or montage is in the right of the tab.

Keeping it on the left makes it easier to close multiple tabs rapidly. I didn’t see a reason to move it.

I’m not referring to the overall software, just the tabs for audio and montage files. The X was previously on the left of the tab.
Screen Shot 2013-08-16 at 5.50.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-08-16 at 5.48.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-08-16 at 5.48.24 PM.png

I forgot you were on the Mac. The style you show is the “Mac style”, and this follows the convention used by tabs on Mac Safari. This style is still available in WaveLab 8, in the main preferences. But this is not the default style, as it was in WaveLab 7.

Thanks!

The dialogue seems to have changed from WL7 to WL8, but changed it from Wavelab to OS and now the X is on the let of all the audio file tabs, and I like the overall look a little better.