Long & Short Add Track menu?

When I click the + button at the top of the Tracks in the Project Window sometimes I get a long menu listing all the different types of tracks that can be added. Other times I get a short menu with a sub-menu for all the track types (see attached image). Does anyone know why this varies, and is there any way to always get the long menu?

Does it vary depending on where you click on your work space? That may be the answer.

Not that I can determine. It just seems to change from one to the other over time. Seems like it must be dependent on something, but I can’t see a pattern.

Do you have any of the tracks selected when pressing that + button?

That can’t be right. Can you repro with prefs temporarily disabled?

Yes in both situations. And the type of track selected doesn’t impact it. As far as I know :question: there isn’t any way to have no tracks selected - the only way to have the currently selected track become unselected is to select a different track.

Well I can’t really repo it at all, it just seems to change from one to the other. This afternoon I updated to 8.5.20 so I’ll see if that makes ant difference. If not I’ll try disabling prefs.

As far as I know > :question: > there isn’t any way to have no tracks selected - the only way to have the currently selected track become unselected is to select a different track.

You can deselect a track by ctrl+clicking, so it is possible to have no track selected.
But it probably won’t make a difference.
At least it didn’t when I tried.

Yeah, earlier today I thought maybe ctrl+click would deselect like it does for other things. So far today I’ve only seen the short menu.

Which leads me to ask which menu other folks are seeing.

But did you disable prefs?

Not yet, I’m waiting to see if it switches from one to the other since upgrading. Will report when I do.

Got rid of prefs and for awhile it seemed to only show the long menu. Then bam, the short one showed up.

That is a weird one.