Loopback in AXR4U

Hello people, I am interested in this great professional interface, I consider it the best, all-in-one, for live and studio production.
I only have the doubt, if this product has Lookback technology support, I have not found it on the page and in support.

Does the AXR4U interface have Loopback?

My cordial greetings.

Yes, there is a loopback option in the mixer.

Thank you DJ Synchro!
Now I am ready to buy it!

How does it work? I am enabling it on outputs 1/2 (my PC audio) but I don’t see where or how to then record it.

Same issue here. It’s a $3000 interface that can’t get the most simple most used feature out there!
After spending hour and hour with top tech support at Steinberg, they still couldn’t make Loopback work and said that this should be in their next update (that was 4 months ago!)

A workaround: I send the output of my computer to and physicals patchbay and then loop it back into the the AXR and record it.

STEINBERG: Please update this interface, we paid top dollar for it!

1 Like

The LOOPBACK feature has been available on the AXR4 since it was released.

I haven’t met even one person including 4 people at Steinberg support that could make it work in Cubase. Do you know how to just record anything from let’s say Spotify or YouTube into Cubase using loopback?

Set the interface as default playback device. At least that’s how I do it with UR44C.

Have you selected the 2TR Asio driver?
I use that (method 1) re loopback as well as old school (method 2) of linking outputs to inputs in the hardware, so two ways depending on objectives.

Cheers
David

It depends on what OS you are in. If it’s on macOS, you need to additionally select the “Steinberg AXR4 2TR” as the ASIO driver in your DAW. On Windows 10/macOS, make sure to have the corresponding LOOPBACK buttons turned on in the dspMixFx AXR Application.

Anyone having problems with AXR4U on Cubase 11 with Big Sur?

That’s great Felipe, would you like to provide of a video demonstration of how to get it to work?

1 Like

I want to loopback old school via connecting hardware outputs to hardware inputs
so I shouldn’t need to use the 2TR driver or am I wrong?

I have AES7/8 looped. I can see the signal on the output bus on dspmixer and if I switch the headphone select to it I can hear it, but I cannot see any signal on the AES7/8 in on the dspmixer, which is confusing me and making me suspect hardware fault. Should I see a signal in dspmdixer when looping with physically connected i/o?

Cheers
David

Im doing this old school via hardware connecting AES7/8 out to AES7/8 in.
I can hear the signal on the aes7/8 out and see it in the dspmixer but I can’t see any signal on the AES7/8 in the dspmixer despite having its hardware input directly connected to the AES7/8 output. I would think the dspmixer should show that.

Cheers
David

Show us how to get it to work !!

What 2 TR driver ?

On a Mac here. That has two drivers. One is In my case Thunderbolt High Precision. The other is called 2tr, selectable in audio midi setup on a Mac.
Mac users are advised in the manual to use this for easy loopback.

PC’s may be different. Old school would be via connecting physical outs 1/2 to a pair of inputs of your choice to record from. Most computers by default play their audio on their two default channels 1/2 so you have to connect those outputs to the record inputs of your choice. Unless it’s simply using the loopback button which presumably should be routing those inputs via software to the channel you enable it on. But posts on this thread seem to indicate that doesn’t work for some, so possibly some odd hardware configurations for some users.
Anyway this is the only info I can help with as I’m now Mac only using Thunderbolt interface and driver.
David