Lost a .cpr file

Hi peeps,

I’ve had a song that i’ve worked on much earlier in the year, then left it alone and came back to it in August this year. I worked on it for a couple of days. Made a wav file of it. Came back on September 5 and made a copy for my drummer without the bass and the electronic drums. That was fine but upon closing it and saving it (just a habit even if I hadn’t changed anything) it crashed. I didn’t think much of it because I hadn’t actually made any substantial changes just turned on a few mutes or whatnot. Anyway last night I went to look at the song to do a couple of things and the version of .cpr has gone, or more precisely it looks like it has reverted to a version back in February. I have checked the pool in this version and none of the recent files are in that, I have gone to the actual audio file storage area and all the wavs are there with the dates in August on them so the actual recorded files haven’t disappeared just the .cpr showing how it all fits together. I have done a search of my system and I can’t seem to find it anywhere, unfortunately the back up I did around that time just got written over about a week ago after another recording took place (I just back up the whole album file and replace everything as I’d figured it didn’t matter as it was all the same - ha)

Is there anywhere within cubase this file would of gone? I don’t understand why it would of reverted back so far for one. Nor do I know if it would be deleted entirely (I’m hoping not) I’m hoping that somewhere in the system there is a file from between August 20 and September 5 that I could use. I have a version from August 6 just before I did all the new work. It would be preferable to not have to do it all again but as we’ve been jamming this song out live it might not be the worst thing, although there were some lovely moments recorded (I do have the pieces in the Audio folder)

Any help would be appreciated.

Farnz

I’m afraid I can’t offer anything other than a timely reminder of the obvious through similar experiences of mine many, many moons ago!

Back-Up on various media, CD, DVD, USB, External Drives!

Cheers!