Lost audio output, mac os11.7, cubase 12 artist, midi file

I have other cubase 12 midi files open and have audio, but I must have clicked on something to disable audio. Have checked studio setup, compared midi files that are open (that work). Checked mac system preferences and all the correct items are checked. Should I enclose midi file here? For other midi files that are working they do not have any audio inputs selected, so I assume for this troubled file i do not need an audio input, correct?
Martin

Hi,

Where are your MIDI Tracks routed to, please?

VST INSTRUMENTS

Martin

Hi,

What kind of VST Instrument(s), please? Is it only one? Or do you use multiple of them? If you are using multiple, can you observe the issue at all of your instruments or only one? Can you see incoming MIDI signal to the instrument? Can you see the meters moving on the Instrument Track? Or do you use Instrument Rack? How is the output routing of the Instrument Track? Can you see the meters on the Output bus?

Could you try to press the Reset All Mute States button, please?

All tracks are firing. When I open up another mini file with multiple tracks, I have sound I just cannot figure out what I did to this one particular midi file.

Martin

Hi,

What about the other questions, please?

What kind of VST Instrument(s), please?
When you ask this, I am assuming it’s the type of instrument? If so, there are drums, Keyboard‘s, horns, guitar, bass, etc… is it

Is it only one?
No, all midi tracks are firing

Or do you use multiple of them?
As noted above, there are many instruments firing. But keep in mind that this was working perfectly and also when I open another window with another song, it all works perfectly. Is it possible that I have gotten into the VST setting and shut off that part of Cubase, and without the ST instruments on that would give me no output, correct?

If you are using multiple, can you observe the issue at all of your instruments or only one?
This question was answered above

Can you see incoming MIDI signal to the instrument?
Answered above

Can you see the meters moving on the Instrument Track?
Answered above,

Or do you use Instrument Rack?
I think what you are asking about this is whether I am out putting the N midi information out to a keyboard or sound module? The answer is no I am not out putting this to a rack mount it sound module.

How is the output routing of the Instrument Track?
Where do I look for output routing? Is it sound or the VST menu? And what should I be looking for. Also, what would be the correct set up?

Can you see the meters on the Output bus?

I will need to revert on this question and get back to you