Loudness normalization for mp3 export

It’s maybe just a small request but it would make my life a lot easier.
It would be nice to be able to also do loudness normalization with mp3s on export.
Believe it or not, mp3s can be deliverables too. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Alex

1 Like

So … you mean that YOUR “Master” (The Master you’ll keep in your archives) will also be an mp3, and nothing but an mp3?

Fredo

Hi Fredo!

No, of course I’ll also keep the wav file. But I have to deliver a normalized mp3. At the moment I have to import the bounced normalized wav-file in Wavelab and do the conversion there. Several times per day.

Cheers,
Alex

That’s how we do it. We create .wav masters and then, we batch-convert these masters into the different (other) formats. Some of our batches include 3-4 different formats, renaming and creating specific folders for each format. Keeping this process separated from the exporting in Nuendo is much more logical for my brain.

Fredo

That totally makes sense for many workflows. But as I am handling several small projects one after another and having to upload them as soon as they are ready, it would save me some clicks.
It could also be just an option for post processing in the export window. Like “convert to 320k mp3, same filename, same location”
As I said, it’s probably a small request. But sometimes it’s the little things that make me happy and maybe others too :slight_smile:

Alex