Loudness Track

Hi,

sometimes the loudness track produces really strange lines (I guess when the gate kicks in for a really short time). I find those graphs somewhat destracting. Maybe it just takes some getting used to this but at the moment I think a smoother graph would help. Also - if possible - it would be nice to have a filled view option, maybe with colours corresponding to different levels (green - OK, yellow, slightly loud, red - very loud)

Ollie

Another question regarding the Loudness Lane - it is measuring the full mix always? Or only what tracks are active?

Wondering if there will be a way to bus groups to specific loudness lanes?

That’s one of the feature requests …
Currently the Loudness track is measured from the main output buss.
The one with the Red indicator.

Fredo

Actually Fredo, the operation of the Loudness Track is currently not consistent and is a bit confusing.

I set up one track, routed it to a group which in turn went to other groups. Only the original track had audio sent to “stereo out”. The result is:

• The Loudness Track will always measure selected monitor source in CR when running in “realtime”. I verified this by dropping the level of one of the groups ( source audio was dialog, sent to a dialog group which I then monitored) and the loudness line dropped correspondingly.

• The Loudness Track will correctly measure stereo output in “Quick Analysis”.

• The Loudness Track will NOT measure if the monitor source is NOT stereo out in “Quick Analysis”. (It will however draw 1-2 seconds before dropping out if you’ve played back the mix monitoring “stereo out” first)

In other words:

1. The track will measure what you’re monitoring in realtime, NOT only the “main output bus” (unless that’s what you meant)
  2. The track will appear inconsistent because it will do “Quick Analysis” of “main output bus” ONLY

Please double check that I’m not missing something here.

1. The track will measure what you’re monitoring in realtime, NOT only the “main output bus” (unless that’s what you meant)
  2. The track will appear inconsistent because it will do “Quick Analysis” of “main output bus” ONLY

Please double check that I’m not missing something here.

Same behavior here:

• make group channel–do not assign output channels
  • in Control Room assign this group channel as monitor source
  • make loudness track
  • play audio through group channel:
  1. realtime-----loudness will be measured, while no audio is playing through “main output bus”
  2. make “Quick Analysis” in same setup ---- no loudness will be measured

Oswald

Thanks for checking! I find these inconsistencies annoying and potentially dangerous.