Lyric Text Frames

I’m working with lyrics for the first time in Dorico, and I have what might be a bit of an unusual case:

I’m making a packet of arrangements of holiday tunes for concert band and I’d like to include the lyrics at the bottom of the page for each song. Is there a way to have Dorico display lyrics in a Text Frame rather than under the staff? I know I could paste them into a text frame individually, but this is going to have about 20 different songs and about 20 different part layouts, so I’m hoping there’s a way to automate the process a bit. Ideally, I’d be able to have the text frame automatically “attached” to the bottom of the music frame for each flow, similar to how flow headings appear above each flow. That way if one part goes on to a second page but others don’t, I don’t have to worry about the text showing up in the wrong place.

I’m picturing songs where they put the first verse under the staff and list the additional verses in text blocks at the bottom of the page and wondering if there’s a way to do that in Dorico.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Best,

Jeremy

No automatic way. I use lyric boxes all the time (for hymnals), but I just copy and paste them in manually.

You can use the Left Tab stop feature to indent lyrics and add the verse number.

Okay, thanks. I don’t actually need more than one verse, I’m just using that as an example of a possible way to accomplish it if that functionality existed. I’ll go with my initial plan of creating a different master page for each flow, so at least I can get most of the parts set up properly. Hopefully that will at least cut some of the time out of it. Appreciate the quick response!

If the stanzas are not too long and you only need one stanza per song, you might try putting the text into the Other Information Info Box and calling it into a (Master Page) Text Frame in Score and Parts via the {@FlowOtherInfo@} token.

Oooh! That’s a great idea. I’m a good percent of the way through with the Master Pages option, but I’ll remember that for next time. Thanks, Derrek!