Lyrics on several staves

Hello,
Please confirm if I understand correctly.
On Dorico 5, we save a lot of time because we can write on several staves at once.

It doesn’t work for the lyrics, does it ?
You cannot write, like the lyrics for sopranos and tenors at the same time, can you ?
Am I missing something ?
Currently working on a choir, this feature would help me save a lot of time.
Thank you.

I believe that’s right, yes.

What you can do is input them on one staff, then use the Duplicate to Staff Below option to copy them quickly afterwards.

1 Like

It’s worth having key shortcuts for Filter > Lyrics (and other types of filter), and for Duplicate to Staff Below. Then you can just tap, tap , tap, and it’s done.

You can also Alt-click to copy selected lyrics (if the same rhythm is at a different point, e.g. counterpoint); or select the lyrics, Copy, and then Shift L and Paste each, if the rhythm is different.

2 Likes

Another thought for quick-selecting lots of lyrics is the Select More command.

2 Likes

Select More and Duplicate to Staff Below are really the ticket. A hidden functionality is that you can click to select the first lyric, control click to select the last lyric in a section, then “select more” to select all the lyrics in between. Then duplicate to staff below.

2 Likes

Thank you very much.

What is duplicate to staff below, please?
How do you do it?

Thanks for your help.

Stéphane Meer
Histoires Musicales
Contes symphoniques en animation
06 13 87 43 59

It’s under Edit-Paste Special.
Best to make a shortcut for it.
I use Alt-control-M and N

Jesper

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Also the jumpbar is your friend.
Type J, then start Duplicate to… and it should show up.

2 Likes

and if you do it a lot, you can make an easier shortcut for “duplicate to staff below”.

I use alt-d (it was @benwiggy 's idea, once upon a thread)

1 Like
1 Like

Thank you SO much to all of you. This has been INCREDIBLY helpful beyond all expectations.

1 Like