m-audio keystation 32 / Cubasis

Hi!

I’m an absolute beginner in Cubasis. I’m also an absolute beginner in any DAW, and I recently bought an iPad pro 11 along with the latest version of Cubasis to get into recording.

So far everything has been working flawlessly for me. Today I bought myself a self powered usb hub to connect my M-audio keystation 32 to my ipad.
The keyboard lights up, but I’m having trouble getting it to trigger sounds.

I’ve looked through the Cubasis help page located in the app, but I can’t find any concrete information or guide to how to get it to work / set it up.

I’ve tried fooling around with the routing options on the MIDI track I’ve made, but nothing seems to do the trick…

My current setup:

Hyperdrive Ultimate USB hub connected with USB-C to my ipad. M-audio keyboard connected to the USB in the hub. I’ve also got an USB-C charger connected to the hub.

Could any of you kind sirs help me out?

Hi Gravemarsvin,

Is the “m-Audio keystation 32” listed for a midi track as midi Input device?

• create midi track and go to track Inspector/ Routing/Midi Input

best
Jan

Hi, Hitman!

Thanks for your Quick reply!

Sadly it does not.

Do you have a step by step guide for setting up a midi controller, such as mine, with cubasis?

Best wishes
Gravemarsvin

Hi Gravemarsvin,

Sadly it does not.

This means your midi device will not be recognized.

Do you have a step by step guide for setting up a midi controller, such as mine, with cubasis?

This is not necessary, just plug it in and iOS will recognize the Midi device by itself.

Have you connected it to an external power supply?

Please try it without USB hub and with external power supply and plug the M Audio directly into your iPad.

best
Jan