M-Audio ProjectMix I/O does not respond to Cubase 6 upgrade.

Recently upgraded from Cubase 4 to Cubase 6. My M-Audio ProjectMix I/O worked fine for several years with Cubase 4, but is not responding since the upgrade. Cubase 6 is otherwise working fine, and I have opened several projects recorded in Cubase 4. I am using an Intel-based Imac, 10.6.6 purely in the Mac environment. No Windows software at all. Any suggestions?
dandel

Hi Dandel,

Did you set-up the ProjectMix in Cubase in the device-setup? Click there the + sign on the upper left corner and select the correct entry. Then set-up the in/outputs ports of the device. :slight_smile:

Dear Carlos,
Thanks for your reply. I took your advice, but there is no “ProjectMix I/O” listed in the Cubase 6 Device list. I opened my Cubase 4, and it doesn’t have a ProjectMix listed either, but I know my ProjectMix has been working with Cubase 4 for several years. I vaguely remember that I may have used the “Mackie Control” or the “Generic Control” to set up the PM with Cubase 4. Make sense? Also, I’m having a similar problem setting up my Frontier Tranzport which does appear in the Cubase 4 Device Setup list, but not in the Cubase 6 list. Try the Mackie Control or the Generic Control for that, too?
Dan

Dear Carlos,
I answered some of my questions. By using the Mackie Control in the Device Setup list I was able to get the ProjectMix up and running. Halleluia! I pursued the Tranzport in a similar manner by using the Generic Control (which is how it still works in Cubase 4), but that did not work. ??? Driver issues??? Still a little puzzled.
Dan