M/S <> L/R

Hi,
Love all the new M/S processing, as I use it a lot! Often, I need to make M/S changes. But then at a certain point, would like to get back to L/R to do some other processing before the final output. Does the signal flow allow this, without using a plug-in? Can it work at the FX tab level in the montage, so I can have different setting per clip? Since I need different processing on each clip, then the Batch Processor, the Master Section is not so useful.

Hope that makes some sense,
brian

All the new M/S option on slot do the in/out conversions. In other words, a L/R signal is expected as input, and a L/R signal is output, always.
IOW, all slots get some L/R signal.

Ah! So you don’t have to change the Montage tracks to M/S in order to use M/S processing, it seems? I think I just realized that…

My comment was about slots that can be set to M or S.
M/S tracks are different. They are treated as 2 mono streams (M/S). M/S to L/R is performed at the end, when the tracks are mixed at the montage output.

Right, sorry for mixing that up. So, it sounds like in order to do what I want-- some plugs M/S and some L/R, I need to be using L/R tracks in the Montage, not M/S tracks- if I’m following?

And while I’m at it: After right-clicking to split L/R tracks to M/S, how can it be changed back to L/R? There is no option in the context menu available for me.

how can it be changed back to L/R? There is no option in the context menu available for me.

It’s impossible to do that (apart undo). Once your M/S clips have different processing, they obviously can’t be non-destructively merged (or you need to render the track and replace it).