Mac: 6.0.1 VSTi problems

A1, Monologue, Embracer, CS40, Universal Sound Module, Groove Agent X, WAVE PPG and Attack all disappear with this build. I could care less about CS40, GAX and USM. But I’m pretty ticked about losing the others. These all worked in 6.0.

All the usual remedies were tried…trashing blacklists, rescanning and updating from the Plug-Ins Information panel. No go. And here’s another little gem brought on by this build: The entire Korg plug-in suite and Plogue’s Bidule will create a second “Cubase” menu item up top. I don’t know about the rest of you but when launching a plug-in somehow works its way into the host program’s top level menuing structure, someone over in Hamburg ought to be concerned. See for yourselves:

Bummer W,
Thanks for the warning.
{‘-’}

That’s why they call 'em betas.

On the other hand, there are a nice bunch of fixes in this.

Hi Weasel,

For me, Monologue, Embracer and the Waldorf Suite (v1.2.2?) are still working :confused:, but yes, I too will miss good ol’ A1 if it is really gone for good. (Also, I no longer see the old Plugsound VSTis). They are still there in the menus, but simply don’t launch.
Did you try trashing, not only the Vst2xBlacklist Cubase.xml, but also Vst2xPluginsCubase.xml and VstPlugInfo.xml?

The entire Korg plug-in suite and Plogue’s Bidule will create a second “Cubase” menu item up top.

Yes, that’s happening here too.

Did you try trashing, not only the Vst2xBlacklist Cubase.xml, but also Vst2xPluginsCubase.xml and VstPlugInfo.xml?

Just the blacklist. I’ll try dumping Vst2xPluginsCubase.xml and VstPlugInfo.xml this evening and get back to you.

As to the “Double Cubase in the Menu” thing…of note: it doesn’t seem to do anything adverse to the performance of Cubase. The left-most does nothing while the right-most will open the proper menu.

It can’t be cleared by by deactivating the plug-in that set it off nor quitting the Project and opening a new one. Only a complete relaunch of Cubase clears it.

The entire Korg plug-in suite and Plogue’s Bidule will create a second “Cubase” menu item up top.

Yes, that’s happening here too.

+1 ( it happend with 6.00 too)

L

I’m scared now after reading thru this thread.

I was all set to pounce but now I believe I will wait a lil while longer.
{‘-’}

Unless those few non-opening VSTis are a deal-breaker for you, don’t let that put you off getting Cubase 6… it is really lovely to work with (for the mostpart :wink: )
And, of course, that doesn’t prevent you from keeping Cubase 5 on the same machine :wink:.

I was all set to pounce but now I believe I will wait a lil while longer.

Other than the missing ancients mentioned above…and the oddness of the Korg-induced CubaseCubase…there’s no major reason not to install C6 (if you already have or about to buy it). There are some really very nice bits in it that go beyond what C5 is capable of…and with this beta update, most of the showstoppers are gone.

OK…that said…
Vic? What an incredible waste of time that little exercise was (which is why I skipped dumping the other prefs beyond the Blacklist in the first place). I did this across all three* of my Macs and I get the exact same results as listed above.

Of note…the included (and still) “un-iconed/packaged” Monologue and Embracer plugs did not show up. Dumped 'em and put in copies from a C5 install. Those work.

• There is a new 2.66 MacPro Dual6core with C6 on one of the drives not listed in my profile. It is not used in the recording studio.

(apologies… in a really hurry at the moment)… am I reading you correctly?.. You trashed Monologue.vst and Embracer.vst from the Package Contents of Cubase 6, and replaced them with copies of the ones from the Package Contents of Cubase 5, and that worked? I’ve just had a look, and, here, they are exactly the same versions of those plugins in both apps (and they have the correct vst icon) :confused: Anyways, that still doesn’t give a clue as to why the missing Waldorf plugins.

Not to hi-jack this thread Weasel but since we are talking about plugs that may not work after this latest up-date. One plug in particular which I use quite often,

I use the Embracer plug in quite a few situations.

I find that with some music it can act as a sort of musical ‘MSG’.
You don’t really know it is there, but if you take it out,
feels like something is missing.

To my ears, nothing sounds quite like it.
But as Cubase advances, it is getting more and more problematic to use.

So I am looking for a replacement.

Omnisphere can do the same function but I am
looking for something much cheaper.

Can anyone recommend an alternative to ‘Embracer’?

MAJOR TIA
{‘-’}

this is the stereo version.

Remark: pre-release (!) approach when anybody can decide whether to go this way or wait for official patch later.

:laughing:
In fact, Martin Scorsese used the same software on a film that he intended naming, simply, “New York”.

:laughing:

:wink:

Can anyone recommend an alternative to ‘Embracer’?

Hi Curteye,

Many alternatives to Embracer out there, although the Surround-ness and nifty ‘eye’ control (a favourite of yours, by any chance? :wink: ). As you say, Omnisphere is really the daddy of them all, but have you tried out Mystic & Spector, which do some very nice pads, and you already have them! Further afield FM8 & Massive do good pads as well as lots else; from the same stable you could try Absynth and Reaktor (the latter has loads of useful new synth engines coming along all the time - very funky & abstract); and Tassman4 can make some very interesting noises too.

There’s loads else out there too - you should just get you a load of demos and have some fun, but don’t overlook the other synths that Cubase has already, as there’s some real gold-dust in them thar VSTi’s.

Aloha b, and thank you.

nifty ‘eye’ control (a favourite of yours, by any chance?)

Wow! Ya got me. Soooo True.

have you tried out Mystic & Spector, which do some very nice pads, and you already have them!

To be truthfulI I really have not. I have not even read the blurb in the ‘Plug-in info’ pdf.
This will be my project this weekend.

Tassman4 can make some very interesting noises too.

Googling now.
Much Mahalo b
{‘-’}

Curt-save your spare change for a while and get Omni. It really is the solution to, well…pretty much every synth need.

Just to touch base with the original premise of this thread…if Embracer and Monologue have disappeared…try what I did. Go hunt through the C5 Installer disk and replace the C6 versions with those.