Mac Trackpad Zoom Issue

Hi Folks,

Whenever I use the trackpad on my MacBook Pro to zoom in or out, Dorico scrolls horizontally as well. This is particularly bothersome when working on large ensemble scores, as I lose my place every time I zoom in or out.

I know I can use keyboard shortcuts to zoom, but I’m used to using the trackpad and would like to continue doing so. Is there any way to fix this issue?

Thank you!
Ethan

Hi Ethan!
Excuse-me, just to be clear : you’re pinching in and out on your trackpad? Or do you use another gesture?

Ethan, is it possible you’re not running the latest Dorico 4 update, version 4.0.31? Please try downloading and installing the Dorico 4.0.31 update:

Yes, pinching in and out on the trackpad. Solved with the newest update!

That works! Does Dorico have a system for informing the user there’s an update available? I haven’t seen it, but maybe I’ve just missed it. That would be very helpful!

As of Dorico 4.0.30, you will see a little badge on the Learn page in the Hub when the Dorico blog or the YouTube channel has new content. Keep an eye out for that little badge, and if you see it, click over to the Learn tab to see whether one of the items in the list of posts in the Dorico blog is about a new update.

1 Like