Mac user-could you please check something on sampler for me?

Hi folks,
I posted this as a bug report a couple weeks ago but never got a reply. I figured I’d ask here. You need to have some .aif (or .aiff files) on your computer.

Create a sampler track.
Click the little folder icon on the sampler track.
Navigate to the .aif files. Are they greyed out for you? They are greyed out for me and I can’t drag them in unless I do it from a separate finder window. The issue is on Pro 9 and Elements here for me…

They’re grey also for me most likely because that’s the way it’s suppose to be. I don’t think it’s a bug. Another option is to drag samples back into the project window from the audio pool.

Press Command + P to see all your audio files.

Why do you think that is the way it’s supposed to be? The drop down in the browser lets you choose either .wav or .aiff. But .aiff show up as greyed out. Seems pretty clear cut to me. I’m not trying to drag samples from the pool. I’m trying to browse my sample libraries and pick a sample to load into sampler track.

1. Same thing here. I can go to the top and select MEDIA, import and the AIFF is selectable there. However, when you try to import inside the Sampler, they are ALL grayed out and NON SELECTABLE .

2. I can open that AIFF folder on my drive and drag/drop onto the sampler track as well.

3. I think this is a BUG

I could be wrong but usually when something is not supposed to happen it’s grey like in this case. What does Steinberg have to say about it ?

Well, if it’s not supposed to happen then it shouldn’t be an option in the dropdown. :smiley: I posted a ticket with them a couple days ago. We’ll see what they say.

I finally got a reply from support:

I am noticing the same thing here with preview. I will report the issue to development.