Mackie Control is excellent - any future plans for plugin support?

Using a Behringer X-Touch with Cubasis. Such a nice experience.

Anyone know if there are future plans for plugin support through Mackie contol in Cubasis? I see the EQ controls, and I realize that not all plugins would allow for support, but I’d hope that Cubasis native plugins might work, and possibly FabFilter Au3s (they are controllable in Auria via Mackie control, so I’d hope they left support in with the Au3s).

FabFilter iOS plug-ins do support midi learn when the Auv host is Cubasis, but that functionality isn’t available when using Mackie on a control surface.

100% agree that the Cubasis experience is vastly enhanced with an X Touch!

We’re currently missing (IMHO) 2 key areas of Mackie support:

1. Track meters
  2. Control over plug-ins

May I suggest you visit the following thread and add your vote?

Thanks - just added a message over there.

Good to know on the FabFilter stuff. I’d prefer control that can display feedback, so I hope they can build it into the Mackie Control, but I’ll have to set them up with one of my MIDI controllers. I’ve had the FF plugins in Auria, and just purchased (again) today for use with Cubase. Can’t complain too much about the rebuy - they’re great plugins, and well worth the discounted IOS pricing.

I see that you’re a Softstep user, as well. Been using KMI devices for sometime. Have a Softstep 2, QuNeo and a QuNexus. Might have to see how well the QuNeo would work as an FX controller until they build into Mackie control.

Hi @rad3d,

Thanks for your message and welcome to the Cubasis forum!

For now it is not planned to provide controller support for external plug-ins.
However, several 3rd party AU plug-ins already support controller support.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes
& stay safe,
Lars

Which Auv3 plug-ins support Mackie control?

That would be such a big help!

1 Like

Bumping this back up - last discussed more than a year ago!

@LSlowak just reminding you that some of your loyal customers really appreciate the support you’ve added for the Mackie protocol. That said, we are missing some key features, including:

1) Track metering - far and away the most important!
2) Control over additional plug-ins parameters
—- Control over Studio EQ band Type/Q
—- Support for a full channel strip. If possible, the offered Waves channel strip would be great. It’s not very useable on an iPad in its current form, but with Mackie support it would be an incredible tool. If not possible, support your own native channel strip plug-in. If it’s to be the Waves Channel Strip, when that’s in a track, of course, substitute its EQ controls for those from the Studio EQ on the Mackie “EQ” button.
—- Support for additional native plug-ins including Compressor, Limiter, Brickwall
—- Support for third-party plug-ins

For me, other than track meters, supporting a full channel strip in your Mackie implementation is the clear priority.

FabFilter and DDMF are my overwhelming third-party plug-in favorites, but I’m sure others have their preferences. FabFilter may be a particularly advantageous choice, given that competitor Auria Pro has these available as “native” plug-ins.

Lars, I’m writing because we haven’t seen a major update since 3.4, released more than a year ago. I know you can’t say what’s planned; I’m bringing this to the foreground to remind you of users’ needs, and to invite comment from others in the community.

Thanks!

@rad3d @SkullHQX @michaelnervous please add your thoughts and comments.

1 Like

Bumping up to keep this top of mind.

Anyone answering?

I found another solution - mapping the remote control function of my Access Virus TI2 Desktop synth to MIDI learn in FabFilter Pro-Q3, Pro-C2, Pro-L2, Pro-R, Timeless, Pro-DS and Saturn.

Between the X Touch and the Virus, I have “knobby” hardware control of all the most important mixing functions.

It feels like I’ve got a mixing console, minus the center section and metering. Pretty good!

It would still be nice to have a most robust Mackie implementation in Cubasis. As previously stated, track meters are my #1 requirement.

1 Like