i have a Tascam FW-1884 + FE-8 + FE-8
all works fine in cubase 7.5., 7, 6.5, 6.
tried reinstalling cub8 full version (initially i installed the update version)
configuration of remote identical to previous versions using recommended Mackie Control Template
my config is 16 mono audio tracks (8 tascam + 8 ART Xpander) and 16 midi tracks as a default template.
in c7.5 when i add 3 mackie control surfaces cubase assigns them as follows:
fader 1-8 FW : audio track 1-8 mono audio volume out (no faders for the ART Xpander 9-16, unvisible in mixer)
fader 9-16 FE8 : midi track 1-8 midi volume out
fader 17-24 FE8 : midi track 9-16 midi volume out
same channel config in cubase 8 results in:
fader 1-8 FW : audio track 1-8 mono audio volume out
fader 9-16 FE : audio track 1-8 mono audio volume in (pointless there are level imput trim pots on the mixer)
fader 17-24 FE : audio track 9-16 mono audio volume in (pointless there are level imput trim pots on the xpander)
cubase 7.5 and prev versions it just worked. hope they address this in 1st maintenance patch its a show stopper guys!
im really trying to avoid making a custom template for 200+ diff functions
ps. tried all the usual trix eg. trashing preferences etc.