macOS 10.13 High Sierra - failed to connect

Under macOS 10.13 High Sierra dspMixFx definitely does not work. The application starts but cannot connect to the interface.

All drivers are up to date, the interface is also recognized by the operating system. As far as I could tell after a first short test, the Interface works without problems. But control of the DSP via dspMixFx is not possible.

I can’t tell how it behaves under Cubase with the PlugIn 'cause I don’t use Cubase.

Unfortunately, the iOS11-workaround doesn’t help under macOS!

Good news first - I got dspMixFx to work under MacOS High Sierra 10.13.

I’m not sure if it was the latest update by Apple. At the same time I reinstalled all of the drivers and suddenly everything worked.
I worked a few hours in different projects and all seems running fine, so far.

Steps I did:

• Updated to the latest version of MacOS
  • Reinstalled all of the drivers (including the latest USB-Driver from the Yamaha-Homepage)

I´m having the same question on my mac with High Sierra 10.13.6. Tried to download the newest drivers, but still “no device found”. Anyone?

Under Sierra, this happens to me intermittently. I switch the UR824 off, and then on, and it is recognized again. Also, it seems to help to run dspMixFx before switching the UR824 on.

Paolo

I had a UR44 working fine with Cubase 9.5 on a Mac with High Sierra until I upgraded my drive from HDD to SSD. Transition to the new drive seems to have been successful with everything except the UR44 which will no longer connect. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled a couple times hoping for a miracle but without success. The light on the UR44 stays solidly lit which I thought indicated a connection but when looking in the the audio/midi listing in the Utilities section the UR44 is included. Cubase opens successfully but without the UR44 connection and through the Cubase menus it’s nowhere to be found as an option.
Anyone have any suggestions??

It’s something I’ve tried.

1. If none of the Steinberg-related programs are installed, the Mac will recognize the device
  2. The Mac recognizes the instrument only when the Usb driver is installed.
  3. Installing DspMixFx ur-c will detect the instrument in the mac, but not in the dsp program.
    Conclusion When the dspmixfx program recognized the instrument, the ur22c was disconnected from the mac at that moment and the device could not be captured in the mac.

How do i do?