Macro for opening specific instruments folders

Hey Everyone. I have a folder called Keys in my project. In that folder is another folder called Pianos. In that folder is all of my pianos.

I want to create a macro that Opens the keys folder and the pianos folder showing all of my pianos and then hiding everything else that isn’t the keys folder, the pianos folder and the piano tracks.

I tried doing this by creating a “show only tracks that have the word piano or pianos in them” in the Project Logical Editor. This hid everything but didn’t open the keys and piano folder. I then created more presets in the PLE called open keys folder and open pianos folder. All of these work fine individually. When put together in a macro they work for a second and then don’t ever again. Even after losing and opening the program again.

Does anyone have a good preset or an explanation on how to properly do this? I want a macro that opens the instruments family folder (keys), then opens the specific keyboard instruments folder (pianos), then hides everything else in the project that is not in that pianos folder.

Thanks!

Interesting, I’m finding that if I open the project and hit the key command for the macro it doesn’t work. But if I manually do the macro as in manually open the keys folder, then open the pianos folder, then close them again and THEN hit the macro key command it works! Almost like I need to kick start it to get it going!

I’m not sure if you can open subfolders and close the parent folders.
I created a slightly different approach which requires time to set up but allows you to gain visibility and space in order to avoid the cascading effect of several folders and sub-folders open at the same time.
So I have 11 instrument folders
Woodwinds Brass Percs Strings etc…
​as well as 6 group folders for FX and VCAs

To return to the selection with the PLEs
there are several options and/or solutions

First open a folder containing all enabled or disabled tracks

or open only the folder(s) whose tracks are enable

You can also use colors
In my example the Woodwinds are in red
and correspond to color 1

Be careful to always respect the names and/or colors because a single mistake and your PLE or your macro falls apart

Important point are you running Cubase 12 or 13 Pro?

Can you take a screenshot of your macro and/or PLE

Hi! Thanks for responding! Sorry if I was confusing, I’m not trying to close the parent folder while the sub is open. All the folders pertaining to the specific instruments are fine to be open. I just want all other folders, not in the family of that instrument, to go away while the instrument and family folders I want open up.
I’m in Cubase 13 pro.

Unfortunately I’m not at my computer. I’ll try to upload photos tonight!