Macro functionality is not reproducible -Is this a bug?

To duplicate midi notes from one measure to the next even if there is no note at the beginning of the measure, I have created the following macro. However, when executed, it do not work or are duplicated in the wrong location.

1. Select notes after the cursor (using the Logical Editor function)
  2. Nudge +1 bar
  3. Deselect notes after the cursor (using the Logical Editor function)
  4. Duplicate

Please check the youtube /watch?v=sL_VFTMcHbU. The work includes nudge -1 bar and redo by other commands to make many attempts. Is this a bug? Is there any other better means?

My Environment;
Cubase12 12.0.60 Build 453 (Rosetta2)
MacbookPro, M1pro, 32GB-RAM

Hi and welcome to the forum,

What should the last step 4 do, please?

Actually I donā€™t understand your chain. You just move the selected notes by +1 bar and then you duplicate something we donā€™t know what it is (because the notes are not selected anymore).

I would do it this way:

• Select Notesā€¦
  • Copy
  • Paste
  • Nudge +1 Bar
  • Deselect selection

Martin.Jirsak, Thanks for replying.

First, I was confused and misguided.
I want to quickly repeat all the notes of one measure to the next measure with a key command, while maintaining their position within the measure.

First, repeating by āŒ˜K would defeat the purpose because the repeat destination depends on the position of the last note.
Second, repeating by the following, if there is no note at the beginning of the measure, the first note will be at the beginning of the measure, so it would defeat the purpose too.

1. Copy all the notes in the measure
  2. Move the cursor using ā€œNudge +1 Barā€ to the next measure
  3. Paste

The way I deal with that situation is to put a muted Dummy Note above or below the real Notes that is the total length of the repeated section. Then select all the Notes and use Ctrl+D to duplicate. I used to always delete the Muted Notes, but now more often than not I just leave them in case I want them later.

1 Like

Isnā€™t ā€œPaste Relative to Cursorā€ available for MIDI events? I canā€™t remember right now.

Thanks raino and mlindeb,

I was able to do it by following rainoā€™s method and create a macro.

Repeat 1 bar:

1. Set cursor to beginning of the bar
  2. Insert 1bar-note using logical editor and mute it
  3. Set left locator to project cursor position
  4. Nudge +1 Bar
  5. Set right locator to project cursor position
  6. Select all notes in cycle range using logical editor
  7. Repeat

Repeat any range:

1. Insert note manually and mute it, keep it selected
  2. Locate selection start
  3. Set left locator to project cursor position
  4. Locate selection end
  5. Set right locator to project cursor position
  6. Select all notes in cycle range using logical editor
  7. Repeat

Perhaps there is a more efficient way to do this, but so far it is working stably.

P.S. In my environment, ā€œPaste Relative to Cursorā€ did not work for midi editing.

I will make a mental note to double check this as I thought Iā€™d use that command for MIDI events myself, but I could misremember. If itā€™s not available in the Key Editor, Iā€™ll create a feature request.

Glad you found a work-around in the meantime!

1 Like