Made With Halion Symphonic Orchestra

Got Halion Symphonic Orchestra last month and finally got around to trying it out.

https://app.box.com/s/qqmyicujo38qf2q7j2v5gp2efblvh6jj

clean sound .reminds me of the ELO intro to Roll Over Beethoven gloves.

Bethoven’s 5th Symphony?

Chuck Berry`s 5th single release, maybe.

I know the song but not quite sure I hear the connection. Thanks for the listen

humour

Oh I see, you’re practicing your stand-up routine! :smiley: Anyway, thought I’d share what Halion Symphonic Orchestra sounds like. I think it sounds convincing and would imagine it sounding much better by someone who scores for a living. Bang for the buck and much more intuitive than Kontact interface and the likes IMO.

Wow that sounds great

Sounds very good.

I had the Halion orchestra when it first came out, what, well over 10 years ago? What it lacked in sound quality it made up for in features, flexibility, and ease-of-use, especially with respect to keyswitching. This is a nice little composition but is a bit limited by the HSO sound quality (IMO). Good work

Awesome feedback. For 99 dollars it’s better than what I had. For this type of arrangement what software would you suggest? I’d like to write more in this style and obviously want it to sound as good as possible.

I think the East-West Symphony Orchestra can be had fairly cheaply now… it’s been around for awhile, however. The Hollywood version has more capabilities, but I think it has to be purchased in sections – I may be wrong about that, however.