Make shared copy of midi part...and glue midi events

Hi,
I’m brand new to Cubasis 3 on Android (but long time Cubase user running Cubase 12 pro)

Is there away to copy and paste midi parts in cubasis so that they are the equivaleny of a ‘shared copy’ in Cubase? I.e. I make a change to one of the midi parts and it changes all of the copies?
I can only seem to do a straight copy and paste?

ALso - I wanted to glue 3 coincident 4 bar midi parts into a single 4 bar midi part. I recorded kik, snare and hats in multiple takes - then I want to combine into single midi part.
In cubase I just select all the parts (that are on top of each other) and hit the glue button.

Thanks

2 Likes

HI @pmallett57,

Thanks for your message and a warm welcome to the Cubasis forum!

Cubasis does not include a shared copy option similar to Cubase.

Below please find a short clip which explains the steps to glue separate MIDI events into a single event.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

1 Like

Hi @pmallett57 again,

To get familiar with Cubasis more quickly, I recommend to check out our “Getting started with Cubasis” tutorial.

You will find many more tutorials about several Cubasis features at the same place. Plus, there are many more Cubasis clips available from other users and YouTubers available on the web.

Hope this is of help for you!!

Enjoy being creative,
Lars

Thank you Lars - really helpful - I need to perfect my ‘select’ skills.
And yes - I’ll watch Dom’s Cubasis videos - I’m a big fan of his youtube channel, and have learned many great tips and techniques for Cubase!!

Hi @pmallett57,

Thanks for your kind feedback.
Glad to read you’re enjoying Dom’s clips as we do… :slight_smile:

We hope that you will create great tracks with Cubasis!!

Enjoy being creative
& stay safe,
Lars

Hi, I was considering getting cubasis, but this feature (shared midi clips/events) is essential to my workflow and seemingly not available yet. Are there plans to add it to cubasis 3?

Hi @Flavelius

Thanks for your message.

Please let us have more details, which feature you are missing. It’s also fine to explain the workflow…

Best,
Lars

Hi,
I typically start by creating a looping drum and melody part/clip (midi), then I duplicate these to span the duration of what I intend to be the song‘s length and begin to add variation to some of the middle sections and tweak the other ones.
On pc I started with acid music studio which allowed duplicating midi clips where the content is still linked to the duplication source. The other app I currently use that has this feature is nanostudio 2 on ios (but it doesn’t have audio clips and is abandonware unfortunately).
It allows me to tweak a single clip and have all other sections where it is linked into mirror the change automatically.
The non ideal alternative is to manually copy and replace the clips in those places after every tweak which is a much slower workflow that I don’t want to go back to.
I read that cubase has this linked duplicate clip feature under the name shared events. It would be great if cubasis had this as well (it’s the only deal breaker for me currently).
Thanks for your time.

1 Like

Hi @Flavelius

Thanks for the explanation, understood and shared with the team.

Best,
Lars

1 Like

I am kind of expecting there to be a cubasis 4 in the not so far future. I’m specifically interested in this feature. Do you happen to know if it is likely to appear in 3 still? I would buy 3 if I knew that this feature will get implemented at some point; otherwise I’d obviously wait until 4 is released. I know it‘s just an assumption about cubasis 4, but I wouldn’t want to buy cubasis two times for no reason. So I’d appreciate some insight. Thanks

I also miss the “shared copy” option (manifesto calls them “linked”).
It’s so hard to keep sanity and organisation of clips/events when they are not connected (yes, even when labelling them).
I’ma big fan of programming concepts like DRY (Don’t Repeat Yourself) and OOP (having a fingerprint/class and multiple instances; changing one changes all).
The Nanostudio implementation of this feature (embedded in a super productive “duplicate” functionality) is really spot on. Being that abandonware imho other DAWs like Cubasis could improve so much by copying how Nanostudio does things.

Above all: piano-roll; midi/audio send & return; and events/clips duplication (and stacking! The overlapping of Cubasis events feels buggy/incomplete and hides notes visibility, with no clear logic on what events are brought-to-front).
(IMO) Do these 3 features like Nanostudio did then and there will be no single DAW that could compete with Cubasis.

1 Like