Making a whole section half or double

Hi guys,

I’ve been looking for an info to my subject for an hour now without a result.
I’m working in Dorico 2 and I’ve typed a whole section in a duration that I wanna make half - meaning all 8th notes to become 16ths, all quarter notes 8ths, all half notes quarter notes and etc…This is possible in Sibelius by selecting a section and simply click on a button - half or double…I mean of course there should be the option to double the duration of the notes in a whole selected section too. As I said I’ve been looking at least 2 hours for this and an hour in the forum and nothing so I would really appreciate some help here.

Regards
Storn

First make sure Insert Mode is on.
Select notes
Then, Write > Edit Duration > Double(Halve) Note Duration

Wonderful! Worked perfectly! Thank you Craig!

When I try to do this, it doubles notes 1, 3, 5, 7 ecc of the passage, but omits notes 2, 4, 6, 8 ecc. This makes very little sense to me, what I want to do is to make the passage into the same sequence of notes, just with 16th notes instead of 32th. Anyone knows how to achieve this? (newest version of Dorico Pro 3)

Make sure you have Insert mode switched on before you start.

1 Like

Note 1 has become twice as long. So it overwrites note 2. The next note is note 3, which becomes twice as long… etc, etc.

As said, turning on Insert mode will ‘push’ Note 2 (and the others) out of the way as each note is doubled, instead of keeping them in the same place.

1 Like

This is a complete fail with triplets. They become dotted for some reason? This should be easy.