Hi, bus and group thing makes me crazly confused in cubase so i will write what happens exactly.
Project in 48000khz 24bit. Cubase 10.0.3 Pro.(not 10.5) Latest elicenser update.
I use Amd 3 ghz, 6 cores- 16 gb of ram and windows 8.1.
Here is what happens :
Simply Project with Snare, Kick , Tom 1, Tom 2, Tom 3, HiHat, Overheads, 2 Guitars L-R pan. 2 bass guitar track di-grid.
i send Toms to Toms group, then Snare, Kick, Tom G. to group STK, Then i send STK to Drum Group. Then Cymbals including Hihat i send them to Cymbals group then i send cymbals group to Drum Group. I put nothing yet EQ or Compressor. I send every drum track(including STK,Cymbals) to Cubase Default Compressor via Sends.I group guitars, basses also.
and then my cpu be like 40-50%(sometimes 40 sometimes 50) already. Not leaving any space for mixing with plugins. and i feel like plugins i put abnormally eats cpu also…
So my question is,
- Will it go away when i upgrade my pc with newest Cpu technology 16 cores*.(i dont know am i allowed to give any brand name here.)
- Everyone i see on youtube or other mixing engineers have no problems at all that grouping technic, My cubase bugged ?
- i also use firewire Konnekt 6 is it be the issue maybe ? (since mention of it newest motherboards dont have legacy PCI sockets but PCI4. how can i solve this issue PCI to PCI4 adapter maybe ? what is your experiences with that?)
Secondly: Plugins of another brands: 5 EQ, 2 Limiters, 1 Multiband Compressor 1 console emulation, 1 Tape Machine, is already, takes away 40% of cpu… within project total.
- Is it related with neolithic age cpu of mine ? will it go away if i upgrade it to newest version 16 cores cpu ?
- Can it be problem with Firewire again ?
I am stuck and open to your all advices… (since my cpu is old i dont have multithread etc. i saw a problem related to it)
Thank you all