making range tool more versatile(smart tool)

make the range tool with modifier or “smart tool behavior” like, so for example when cutting event i can with the range tool adjust the event volume,re-size event etc…
for example:right now it takes too many steps splitting event and adjust the volume of the new event.
i select with range tool the range to split,split it, to adjust the volume of the new event i have to select the “selection tool” adjust volume, now if i have 30 edits like this is tedious.

+1

+1, make a multi tool like Pro Tools

+1. Why not it can only help us

Yes.

And if I may pile on a bit with one of my Annual Requests… what is desperately needed is a ‘fuzzy boundary’. ie.

If I select a ‘range’ of bars, I want to also -automatically- grab any automation or grace notes JUST OUTSIDE the boundary.

Eg. I will almost always have keyswitches 1 tick BEFORE the bar line so they engage at the downbeat. OR I will have a pickup 32note which is part of the phrase. But because the ‘range’ is stupid, it doesn’t ‘know’ that those bits are a part of the phrase. But it -should-.

And when some snotty grousers say that’s not possible, I say: rubbish: Cubase already can calculate the ‘tail’ (ie. the RIGHT boundary) so there’s no reason it can’t ‘see’ that a few notes/events on the left are part of that musical idea.

In short: there should be a Fuzzy option which will grab bits within a certain # of ticks to the left of the Range start.

+1

+1.1

+1

+1

We dream about it… they have it now Everything You Want To Know About PreSonus Studio One 3.2 - YouTube

…for free

+1

+1