Making WL6 plug ins available in WL8

Is there a way to make available plug ins, such as Q, when opening a WL6 montage in WL8 that has this plug in as a clip effect?

Thanks.

Jim

If this plugin is available, it should be found. If it is not, you can add it manually again.

When I open the WL6 montage in WL8 the missing plug in dialogue box comes up.

Jim

Then select the plugin from the montage effect window.

It is not visible - under Steinberg > EQ I just have GEQ-10, GEQ-30 and Studio EQ.

Sorry if I am missing something here.

Jim

Make sure the Q plugin is in a path scanned by WaveLab. Check the dialog Options > Plugin settings.

PG
This folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\WaveLab 7\System\plugins\Legacy has 20 plug ins.

When I open the clip effect window I get

iZotope
Sonnox
Steinberg
Voxengo

If I use the MS I get

iZotope
Sonnox
Steinberg
Voxengo

ASIO Plug Ins
Legacy (which only shows AutoPanner, Chorus and Echo)
Special

I’ve put both the WL6 path to the plug in folder and the WL7 legacy folder in the “Plug In Settings” area.

I’ve just checked the ignore plug in area and all the WL6 plug ins are in the list for some reason. I cannot find a way to remove them from this list.

Thanks.

Jim

PG

Any thoughts as to why these other legacy plug in are being ignored by WL8?

Thanks.

Jim

Maybe a copy protection issue? Or you are running in 64 bit while the plugin is 32 bit?

I am on W64 and WL64.

Does this mean that the 3 legacy plug ins that do appear in the MS are the only 64bit versions? Also, if they appear in the MS why are they not available at clip level?

Thanks.

Jim

There are 3 legacy plugins that are 64 bit compatible, only 3. And only for the Master Section.