Manage Instrument Filter dialog window is blank

Thanks for trying these steps. We have a feeling that this problem could be caused by versions of nVidia’s graphics card drivers later than version 472.12. Would you please try downgrading your nVidia drivers back to version 472.12 to see if that helps?

I too have the feeling that this is a compability problem with the graphic card driver. As suggested, I did revert back to version 472.12 and still have the same issue.

Regards

Daniel

Thanks for trying this, Daniel. I will let my colleague know and ask him if he has any further ideas.

My colleague asks if you would please repeat the procedure of running DebugView and then running Dorico now that you’re using the older drivers, and wait five minutes before you quit Dorico and send us the logs.

Here it is. I worked in Dorico for 5-10 min while Debugview was running.
ORDINATEUR-DANI_3.zip (32.4 KB)

All the best

Daniel

Thanks again, Daniel.

It appears you have integrated graphics hardware in your system as well as your Nvidia card. Could you please make sure the drivers for your Intel UHD Graphics 360 hardware are up-to-date?

Could you also please try setting the environment variable:

QT_ANGLE_PLATFORM=d3d11

and then run the software with DebugView running again, leave it for five minutes, then zip up the logs?

And finally (for now) please then try setting the following:

QSG_RENDER_LOOP=basic

and again run with DebugView for 5 minutes.

Thanks!

Here they are Daniel,

Log 4 after the first variable change and log 5 after the second one.

First change

Second one

ORDINATEUR-DANI_4-5.zip (52.0 KB)

Thanks, Daniel. I will ask my colleague James to take a further look on Monday.

1 Like

Hi Daniel, I’m back again. We would like you to download and run this small utility, qtdiag.exe, which can generate a text report that will give us some more information about how Qt runs on your system.

https://steinbergmediatechnologies-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/d_spreadbury_steinberg_de/ET24q_0m7bFGqGvIs2rPHKsBaYFWr9_AxbRDD5M3L8__Qg?e=bbhDCS

Download the zip file and unzip it to a folder (it’s important that you actually unzip it, otherwise the executable inside won’t run). Then open a command prompt and cd to the unzipped folder. Now type:

qtdiag > qtdiagoutput.txt

and hit Return. This should then produce a text file in the same folder: please zip that up and attach it here.

The other thing we would like you to try is to go to C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Dorico4 and temporarily move the libEGL.dll and libGLESv2.dll files out of that folder, then try running Dorico. Does this help and allow the blank windows/dialogs to draw correctly?

It would also be helpful to get the output of qtdiag.exe with the libEGL.dll and libGLESv2.dll files moved out of the way from the unzipped qtdiag folder as well.

Thanks for sticking with us as we try to figure this out.

Hi Daniel,

Here is the .txt file.
qtdiagoutput.zip (3.0 KB)
As suggested, I displaced the .dll files.

And got this error message when trying to open Dorico.

As for the last portion of your message, I’m not sure I understand:

‘’ It would also be helpful to get the output of qtdiag.exe with the libEGL.dll and libGLESv2.dll files moved out of the way from the unzipped qtdiag folder as well.‘’

What do you mean by moved out of the way from the unzipped qtdiag folder?

Daniel

Sorry for not being clearer, Daniel. When you unzipped the qtdiag.zip file, the unzipped folder containing the qtdiag.exe executable also contains the two DLLs libEGL.dll and libGLESv2.dll (the same DLLs also found in the Dorico4 folder). Move them out of that folder, and then run qtdiag.exe again to generate a new output with those two DLLs not present.

Thanks, Daniel. We would advise you to now clear the various environment variables we asked you to set at different points:

QSG_RENDER_LOOP
QT_ANGLE_PLATFORM
QT_OPENGL="angle"

Is it possible for you to try running Dorico with only your integrated Intel graphics or your nVidia display adaptor enabled? If that’s not too much hassle, e.g. to actually start unplugging cards from your motherboard, then we would be interested to know whether you get different results if only one display adaptor is in use.

Ok good.

So here is the second output after I’ve moved the dll files.
qtdiagoutput2.zip (2.7 KB)

Now about the environment variables, I deleted the three you’ve mentionned

but I still have one left which is QSG_INFO=1. Should I delete this one too?

Finally, here’s what I did with the display adaptor, I used NVidia Control Panel / Manage 3D / Global Settings, I tested Dorico with both the NVidia, and the integrated graphic card. Hope this is ok?

I had the same result in both cases.

Daniel